Any one collect Arcade machines?

Soldato
kidkhaos said:
im interested in having my own mame arcade, but i cannot build the the acutal shell (me + powertools = dial 999 :( ), is there any place where i could get the pieces pre cut?

Just give the dimensions to someone at B&Q, I'm sure they must offer some sort of service there

Associate
Bobbler said:
Single straight cuts only IIRC. So only good if you basically want something box shaped.

Someone on here asssembles them and has all the panel piece plans on a website, darned if I remember who though :o

I could be tempted to have a go as I have a spare near complete shuttle in the cupboard as a base :D

Whoop

Soldato
kidkhaos said:
im interested in having my own mame arcade, but i cannot build the the acutal shell (me + powertools = dial 999 :( ), is there any place where i could get the pieces pre cut?
I've built my own cabinet before but if you want to buy a pre-fab kit you could try places like http://www.slikstik.com/.

I did have links to loads of these places but none on hand at the moment

Soldato
Whoop said:
I could be tempted to have a go as I have a spare near complete shuttle in the cupboard as a base :D

Whoop

Wish I'd thought of that ;)
I am using my rather ragged looking SN41G as the base for mine once I grab it out of the cupboard, gonna strip the board and PSU out of the case and mount it inside the control panel.
This weekend is power tool practise.

Soldato
After visiting this thread a few times now I really want to get back into messing around with cabinets, been looking at my old plans and the cocktail I'd like to put together should be fairly straight foward and not need too many parts. These were the concept pics I put together from the plans:-

CocktailConceptFull.jpg

CocktailConceptCP.jpg

CocktailConceptTop.jpg

Caporegime
I've always kept my eye out for a Time Crisis arcade machine but they're rare as rocking horse **** and the ones that do become available are silly money. Shame as it's one of my favourite ever arcade games.

Soldato
I've always kept my eye out for a Time Crisis arcade machine but they're rare as rocking horse **** and the ones that do become available are silly money. Shame as it's one of my favourite ever arcade games.
I lost a few quid playing that back in the day, I bought the PS game that came with the lightgun too but it wasn't even close to being the same.

Wish someone would do a revised version of Mad dog McCree...home versions never did it justice. I may be remembering it better than it was, after buying some retro stuff I generally find that it's fun for a few hours then just not.

Caporegime
I lost a few quid playing that back in the day, I bought the PS game that came with the lightgun too but it wasn't even close to being the same.

Wish someone would do a revised version of Mad dog McCree...home versions never did it justice. I may be remembering it better than it was, after buying some retro stuff I generally find that it's fun for a few hours then just not.

Yeah the PS version with the GCon45 just wasnt the same as it had no recoil, also the dodge mechanic being on the gun wasn't the same as the foot pedal.

Back
Top Bottom