• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Its a bit of fun, i'm 44 and hate the very notion of fortnight kids but it really doesn't bother me at all. I know what AMD are doing, not only are they targeting the largest game on earth they are also targeting it because its ram packed with kids, they are the next generation of PC gamers, all kids grow up eventually and these kids will grow up with Radeon burned in their minds.

As with JayZ2Cents its not that AMD's marketing this time round is "childish" or "bad", perhaps you hate it because its actually very clever and effective.

Because they're aiming at kids is why I think they're targeting the cards kids are likely to buy/have bought for them, that is low to lower mid range not 3090's or the equivalent. Lucky kids is what I say, no way I'd have had a £300 GPU as a present. Gen X here too.

Soldato
Really hope you can change the red Radeon logo and accents I'm really anal about my build matching otherwise I'll have to wait for AIB but I also want two slot and there is more chance of the reference card being two slot

Soldato
Definitely waiting for AMD's new flagship to be reviewed as well before buying anything.

Even if just for Nvidia to respond with the 3070 Ti / 3080 Ti. Paid a bit over the odds on the 2080 Ti so I don't wanna get bitten with the 3080 quickly being usurped by 3080 Ti too xD

The AMD card looks sexy as hell xD

Soldato
Honestly? You've come across as a lot of things, my dude, but dumb isn't one of them.

Fortnight clearly has a sufficiently large user base with a sufficiently large income for Epic to bother implementing RT and Nvidia to market it as a headline attraction for Ampere. Clearly Nvidia see dollar signs in being able to market the virtues of the RTX brand to Fortnight players in the hopes they will purchase Ampere. So that's fine.

But, the second AMD also sees Fortnight as a valid platform to advertise their product, they're lambasted for it. Everybody starts crying about how it sucks and Fortnight is for kids and blah blah.

What, other than the specific reason that Fortnight is a game, gamers play games, gamers buy graphics cards and AMD are releasing new graphics cards soon?

So I say again, it's perfectly fine for Nvidia to target Fortnight players and market their expensive products, but it's "nauseating" when AMD do it?
I'm not a fan of it but it is free to play...and the biggest game in the world right now. Where's the problem?

It is a seriously good looking card BTW...RIP Blower fans!

Caporegime
Because they're aiming at kids is why I think they're targeting the cards kids are likely to buy/have bought for them, that is low to lower mid range not 3090's or the equivalent. Lucky kids is what I say, no way I'd have had a £300 GPU as a present. Gen X here too.

I had a Saga Master System, my parents really pushed the boat out to get me that and i did feel very privileged..... i'm in danger of getting very philosophical so i'll leave it there :)

Soldato
I can't believe people are pouting because AMD stuck the teaser in fortnite. Well they got all of us hook line and sinker because we are talking about it.

It is a good looking card, good to see that AMD have decided not to shoot themselves in the foot with a rubbish design.

Is anyone keep track of all the ways AMD messes up their own GPU launches? It seems like we can cross off rubbish reference design from that list.

Soldato
Definitely waiting for AMD's new flagship to be reviewed as well before buying anything.

Even if just for Nvidia to respond with the 3070 Ti / 3080 Ti. Paid a bit over the odds on the 2080 Ti so I don't wanna get bitten with the 3080 quickly being usurped by 3080 Ti too xD

The AMD card looks sexy as hell xD

Same here! Plus I have high hopes that the flagship Navi will be lower TDP than Nvidia's 3090. I just hope the performance is there! Great news that AMD have the superior TSMC 7nm process this time around!

I've had my Radeon VII (a 295w card) since February 2019, so very keen for an upgrade, though absolutely don't want something even more power hungry. 300W+ is just not fun in Spring/Summer, and with the chance of more lockdowns/restrictions meaning we all spend more time indoors, I'll pass on a furnace GPU!

Soldato
I can't believe people are pouting because AMD stuck the teaser in fortnite. Well they got all of us hook line and sinker because we are talking about it.

It is a good looking card, good to see that AMD have decided not to shoot themselves in the foot with a rubbish design.

Is anyone keep track of all the ways AMD messes up their own GPU launches? It seems like we can cross off rubbish reference design from that list.

It's just the Nvidia influencers and those financially invested in Nvidia that are crying about it. They announced the photos on twitter, and on fortnite (fortnite pictures were on the twitter reveal within minutes), so really nothing to complain about here.

You'll notice the same people fail to recognise that the NV 3000 series are over 100W more TDP than previous generations, and are set to be the most power hungry single GPU cards of all time!

Soldato

We've also crossed overhype off the list. Next one is a big one: bad drivers.

Soldato
Wouldnt be surprised if Epic went after AMD for that marketing stunt there previous ones have been very successful. Massive platform for a new way of marketing is quite clever by Epic.

You'll notice the same people fail to recognise that the NV 3000 series are over 100W more TDP than previous generations, and are set to be the most power hungry single GPU cards of all time!

not to mention **HOT** that heat has to go somewhere and the coolers are massive.

Soldato

The only people whining and pouting about the Fornite thing are Nvidians, who just want AMD to give them exactly what they want which is the green light to buy an another Nvia card. AMD ain't playing ball with a much later release and that's got the entitled Nvidians all butt hurt.

Yeah I recall AMD saying it was done with blower cards, and they've stuck to that which is good to see, I'd never buy another blower card.

Caporegime

Yes and this alone should make a difference to AMD's midshare.

Soldato
Wouldnt be surprised if Epic went after AMD for that marketing stunt there previous ones have been very successful. Massive platform for a new way of marketing is quite clever by Epic.

not to mention **HOT** that heat has to go somewhere and the coolers are massive.

Or that it's a massive brick, imagine AMD producing the the 3090, all you'd be hearing would be about noise, heat and the size of the card. It would be a total meme, it's NV so it's all fine.

Soldato
Goodness grief what am I reading... *shudders*
Quite spot on isn't he? Only Nvidia fanboys are whining about everything including the release date. Somehow they can't wait a month even though all the anticipated games are coming out in November.

They either want AMD to force a discount on their Nvidia cards or AMD to fail green-lighting their unnecessarily early Nvidia gpu purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom