Picky Eaters

Man of Honour
You wouldn't touch 2/3 of the things in that list? :p

And my mum calls me fussy because I don't like onion!

I don't mind onion flavouring, some dinners it really enhances the flavour IMO but I dislike eating onion itself - one that I would eat but prefer not to rather than just find completely vile and feel like throwing up even at the idea of eating.

Caporegime
I don't mind onion flavouring, some dinners it really enhances the flavour IMO but I dislike eating onion itself - one that I would eat but prefer not to rather than just find completely vile and feel like throwing up even at the idea of eating.

Yeah I don't mind the flavouring so much, its the consistency I don't like. Especially when its mixed into something. It just ruins the entire dish for me.

Soldato

Avocado - Yuck, texture like chalk.
Canned tuna - Disgusting! I adore a rare piece of tuna but the canned stuff can do one.
Mushrooms - Slimey texture. No thanks.

I'm not a huge fan of olives but I'll eat them if they're part of something but wouldn't order them.

Caporegime

Avocado - Yuck, texture like chalk.
Canned tuna - Disgusting! I adore a rare piece of tuna but the canned stuff can do one.
Mushrooms - Slimey texture. No thanks.

I'm not a huge fan of olives but I'll eat them if they're part of something but wouldn't order them.

You're eating the wrong avocado and cooking mushrooms far too long :p

I agree with canned tuna, we shouldn't eat meat out of a tin.

Soldato
You're eating the wrong avocado and cooking mushrooms far too long :p

I agree with canned tuna, we shouldn't eat meat out of a tin.

Nope, I'm not. I've had avocados as fresh as can be (freshly picked whilst on holiday in Brazil) and they still had a very unpleasant texture. As for mushrooms, I can just about tolerate a meaty oyster mushroom but others I find repulsive.

Canned tuna shouldn't be called tuna. It bears no relation to the proper stuff and it can put people off trying to good stuff based on how gross the tinned muck is.

Caporegime
OP
Nope, I'm not. I've had avocados as fresh as can be (freshly picked whilst on holiday in Brazil) and they still had a very unpleasant texture. As for mushrooms, I can just about tolerate a meaty oyster mushroom but others I find repulsive.

Canned tuna shouldn't be called tuna. It bears no relation to the proper stuff and it can put people off trying to good stuff based on how gross the tinned muck is.

Sounds like you have a problem with food with a certain texture.

Caporegime

I get the texture feeling, but I'd never describe them to be like chalk. Mashed up on toast, with some lime - :D

Soldato
I’ve eaten everything on that list, and happy to eat it all again. Very unfussy here. Since migrating to a pretty much meat free diet at home I've found I like vegetables which I thought I disliked. I've gone years thinking I don't like courgette and aubergine, turns out I love them. Same as mushrooms (albeit, when they are cooked for a fry up they are still horrendous).

You need raw onion in your cheese sarnies!

Caporegime
OP
0 from that list.

Lychees are gross. The texture, the flavour, yuck.

I could not disagree more!

Do you know what I find meh, something I seldom get (but eat it if served).

Cake.

I hardly ever buy cake, at work if there is someone's birthday, I would often skip it. I know cake isn't it's own food (natural), but I find cake to be really dull and boring. I rather eat a bowl of Lychee.

Soldato
isn't this just a question of brand ? for sardines brand matters (parmantier nice), also (mostly pacific) salmon tastes nicer than 90% of farmed 'salmon'.
Both fresh sardine, and tuna quality, you can pick up in our Waitrose, is meh

Back
Top Bottom