• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD RX 6000 Cooler Reveal

Associate
Exactly what i thought, its got sapphire written all over it. However, if that was the case, could it hamper the sales of actual sapphire cards?

If it is designed by an AIB then would depend on the agreement. Are AMD manufacturing the coolers themselves and just bought the design? if the coolers are being made by the AIB and sold to AMD then that could help reduce cost of their on cooler design due to bulk production.

Soldato
Looking good.

And no 12pin connector required I note :D
As much as I like the look of the 3080, the way that you'd need to plug the 12pin connection into middle of the card make cable management a pain.

If it was a 12pin header cable directly from the PSU it would at least make cabling management slightly not as bad as at least you could run the cable along the edge of the card; but if using the provided 2x 8pin to 12pin Y-adapter, it would look messy as hell.

External PCI-E connectors should always sit toward the "end" of the card, not someone between the middle and the left.

Associate
Looks way better than their previous efforts.

Dare I say a bit like the 2xxx series founder's edition, with an extra fan in the middle.

Soldato
If it is designed by an AIB then would depend on the agreement. Are AMD manufacturing the coolers themselves and just bought the design? if the coolers are being made by the AIB and sold to AMD then that could help reduce cost of their on cooler design due to bulk production.

Afaik like with all previous launch's AMD will not be making any of the cards. Partner AIB's will build the reference design and put their branding on the box.

Associate
My brother had to do the same but was happy with it once it settled. He's at 1080p currently so no doubt he'd have the same issue if he went 1440p.

Yeah exactly, i swore i wouldnt touch another blower card, but reading peoples reviews and the fact it was £300 brand new i decided to take the jump and dont regret it at all.

Back
Top Bottom