• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
Haven't we got beyond the point of setting everything to "Ultra" now and then complaining that performance isn't good enough?
I wish there was a setting for target fps. Instead of Ultra, High, Medium have a slider that goes (guaranteed) 60fps, 144fps, 240fps. Adjusting everything automatically to match the system

Associate
I'm in 2 minds whether to go for a 3080 over the 3090 now! I game at 120hz 3440x1440 but also use the gpu for video encodes & productivity. If the 3090 is going to only be a slim margin faster than the 3080 at twice the price it doesn't sit right with me.
the 3090 is overpriced, just like the 2080ti was, the 3080 offers the best price to performance for a new card on Thursday.

Soldato
I wish there was a setting for target fps. Instead of Ultra, High, Medium have a slider that goes (guaranteed) 60fps, 144fps, 240fps. Adjusting everything automatically to match the system
Some games do have such a slider. They generally don't work particularly well in my experience, with stutters and dips anyway as the game can't adjust things quickly enough to stop them.

Soldato
30% faster only but with gimped 10GB memory and even worse power draw/heat than a 2080 Ti. Cancel any ideas of picking one up until reviews.

I’ll for sure be waiting for reviews before making any decision. 10gb vs 11gb I could live with as the games I play don’t come close to using the 11GB.

If it’s not much faster than 2080Ti then I’ll likely save my cash for next gen. 3090 is a nice spec’d card but just too expensive for probably minimal performance gains.

Those people who picked up 2080tis for 350-400 could well end up the real winners.

One reason I never panic sell. Either sell before launch or sell after reviews. 2080Ti at £350 is a bargain as they are still extremely fast cards.

Associate
I'm hearing its only around 20% with RTX on.

Well there is a reason Nvidia didn't allow Digital Foundry to bench Battlefield with RT on. That game was used to demonstrate Turing's RT performance at that line-up's unveil yet for some reason DF showed the game with RT off?!? I think the gains on RT performance must be tiny.

Soldato
Except people have seen there is a 3080Ti waiting in the wings imminently to be pushed out which will only screw over the 3080 buyers.

It's not imminent at all. Not from what I have read and heard. Most of the YouTube reviewers have said they are not expecting it for at last 6 months or if AMD delivers something truly competitive then they might release a new card.

But it cant possibly be 'imminent'. They would have announced it otherwise all those buying when these new cards release will be very very cheesed. And that is not good for Nvidia or the brand.

Soldato
And apparently there is a £3k 48GB titan so screw over the 3090 owners also as that’s primarily what the card is marketed for.
It really should have been obvious to everybody that the 3090 is actually their top gaming card, given the third party models being allowed with "GAMING" slapped all over the cards, boxes and marketing. The whole "it's a Titan gov, swear on me mum it is" marketing angle was just to suppress any criticism of its price (successfully, I might add).

Associate
I am very suspicious of these leaked reviews..

The only "real" review was that of digital foundry, and that showed a 80% increase to 3080 over 2080..
Are we all now thinking that was fake?

DF have always been trustworthy

Back
Top Bottom