• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
True but more £ (£1000?) - im at the point in my life now where 700 quid for a gpu + a sale is about as much as I can afford or should even spend on on a GPU. In fact its always been about 500-700 going back even a decade.

Great point but if AMD somehow beat the 3080, we'll see widespread price adjusments for the 3080ti release.

Associate
Great point but if AMD somehow beat the 3080, we'll see widespread price adjusments for the 3080ti release.

Yes which is why competition is vital!!! They can sell the cards low or high, they still win. We just loose if its high. I mean we are in multi console price level here already!

However..... I must insist on an NVidia though, it's their drivers... :)
(I once was an Intel only man, but Ryzen just made sence with platform reuse going years back. Can't beat that. Roll on 4000!)

Associate
I'm must after a doom eternal session and my vram hit 10095:eek::eek::eek::eek: at 4k everything ultra nightmare.
Yes I'd imagine 4K is an ultra nightmare to run :) but you knew that when you bought into it right? Just turn textures down one notch and I bet everything is fine.

Soldato
Except people have seen there is a 3080Ti waiting in the wings imminently to be pushed out which will only screw over the 3080 buyers.

3080 Ti would be more expensive anyway. The only people it might annoy is 3090 buyers, but those buyers want the best regardless of price and that will still have the most unlocked core and most VRAM.

Soldato
Yes I know that. but they put so much RT in now it looks as if every surface is made of glass and mirrors. And water is "overly" reflective. puddles look more like glass than water. it's just so extreme it looks less realistic.
Developers always feel the need to overuse fancy new tools when they get them. Like bloom in the early days of the 360/PS3, where it looked like every game was taking place on the surface of the sun. I still think Metro Exodus is the nicest-looking ray tracing implementation so far. The lighting is really nice with it on, and it settles for that rather than going nuts with reflections that add very little.

Back
Top Bottom