New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Associate
NUSBIGSALE

Valid code from today. Ordered.

Total (1 Item )
£331.49)

Edit: Was torn between this and both the 1440p and 4k LG models. Went with this as the constant back and forth was driving me mad (Plus the £400 difference on the 4k..) so I commited as soon as I got this price.

Last edited:
Soldato
My 30" Dell U3014 IPS from 2013 has light bleed which I only noticed the other day, it doesn't bother me. Same with iPad 2 when it came out everyone was moaning and light bleed. I had it too but it didn't bother me.

Associate
Arrived today and quickly set up as currently working.

Done quick checks with ips bleed/dead pixels, seems to be no issues and rather quite happy.

Any other settings/calibration I should do with this monitor?

Soldato
I keep looking at the Gigabyte G34WQC thread, that look purdy for £400!

Anyone tried the LFC on this monitor yet? Any flickering?

I expect I will be in that zone quite a lot with my RX480!

Associate
Finally got mine, but it wont shift up from 8 bit colour, or anything over 60Hz, ive installed the firmware upgrade for my 980Ti, to allow it to use DP 1.4, I've got the dell monitor driver, and have just updated my Nvidia Drivers - What else ?

I can enable 165Hz now, but im stuck at SDR in Win 10

Sorted, on all 900 Series cards, you have to use HDMI to be able to use HDR - Ho Hum. We live and learn. So I'm down at 144Hz - not sure if ill notice the missing 21Hz
Probably not. I'm loving mine and really enjoying having a decent monitor for once in my life. I'd like another one for a nice setup but moving to Belfast made my credit card weep this month.

Associate
Whats the difference?
Back-light bleed is caused when light escapes between the gaps between screen and bezel.

IPS bleed, or IPS Glow, is a glow in the corners of the screen and is a normal occurrence on IPS screens, however, some times it can be excessive in which case I would return the monitor. This is of course very subjective though.

Soldato
makes sense! do you think 3‎440 x 1440 on a 34" curved monitor also looks noticeably soft? (gaming)

In that case the 34 is the same height and pixel density as the 27, but just more on the sides.

I love ultra wide for gaming and movies it's a big step forward for me for immersion, but going for dual 27 (the dell in this thread) for now for photo editing and software engineering work and high refresh gaming (or very low refresh gaming when i'm using both in Flight Simulator :p)

Associate
The easiest way to check between blb or ips glow is to move your head up and down the screen, if the glow changes then it’s ips glow, if it doesn’t its backlight bleed. Anyone else know if that sounds right? It’s just something I’m told not 100% sure it works like that

Associate
Also rtings just released early access review for this monitor! Let me know if you need any numbers, it’s got better response time than the LG 27gl850 in their tests btw.

Back
Top Bottom