The Division 2 - March 2019

Soldato
Just in the process of downloading this, haven't played since first one but what's it like for single players? is it a nightmare to get things out?
You don't need MP at all so solo is perfectly viable. I've been playing since March (just before lockdown hit) and I don't have the time nor patience for MP anymore as I've been gaming for a long time now. I've solo'd most of the content myself and frequently play with PR. on this forum whenever I can - we just do Control Points and Missions mostly. 80% of my game time is literally solo though and I play on Heroic with 2x directives for better XP gain. I am SHD (level) 1250 or something like that.

The loot is a mess in this game and has been for some time. To get the absolute best loot as mentioned you want to do missions with the hardest difficulty (legendary) with 4 players to pump up the chances of getting a good drop. For Time vs Rewards this game is terrible but don't let that deter you. The environmental design and gunplay is amongst the best I've experienced and there are a lot of ways to play the game that you will no doubt discover. You can still get very good loot on Challenging difficulty, which is an excellent mix of hard enough enemies, mixed in with easier ones. Challenging is the second to last difficulty level (Heroic is top) you can set the map on.

Start off on Story/Normal mode and just take things easy. Money just builds up in the game so don't worry about running out. It goes without saying that you shouldn't get attached to your gun as you'll always find a better one. Only buy stuff from vendors if you're desperate.

Soldato
Does anyone know if there is away to locate what SHD is missing?

Im trying to do the deflector shield quest for the event but I need one more SHD to unlock it.

I have checked all 4 secret ones that are around the white house and I cannot find anymore showing on the map.

Is there away to check what area's I have missing SHD for? All main missions and side missions are done in WDC and NYC

Soldato
I'm hoping to get some time on this over the weekend.

I was thinking, I've been using a MK17 Military since I found it a while ago (I'm now lvl 5) and nothing I've found since has made me want to ditch it. It seems to work very well.

Is it a keeper?

Soldato
I'm hoping to get some time on this over the weekend.

I was thinking, I've been using a MK17 Military since I found it a while ago (I'm now lvl 5) and nothing I've found since has made me want to ditch it. It seems to work very well.

Is it a keeper?
I would keep it till you find something better, stuff doesn't tend to last too long before you find better gear.

Soldato
@ED209 You're right, I just swapped my lvl3 MK17 for a lvl5 UIC15 MOD2. I suppose I'll just keep doing this until I max my level out (if that's a thing in this game), and then settle on something long-term.

Annoyingly, I just abandoned a propaganda broadcast thing (I had no idea that's what it was at the time) because I didn't know what I was doing, lol. I'd taken everyone out but "needed authentification" to progress/complete and couldn't find the key anywhere (possibly left it too long?).

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
One of the npcs you kill normally drops a key. They can sometimes wonder off or hide in another area leaving the event unfinished.

Soldato
@V F Ah, fair enough, cheers. I'll pay closer attention next time.

I'm beginning to form a habit of visiting the grounds to the south of the White House every time I play and getting (farming?) the keys and loot from the tunnel there, and any other things I come across. I don't know how worthwhile it is but it's fun and seems to be giving me decent enough bits for now.

V F

V F

Soldato
Yeah, the keys are endless in the sewers that you'll need to open some small boxes in main missions that you'll encounter even in end game for better gear. They are usually small boxes hidden somewhere in the missions.

I think the max amount of keys for any given group, like True Sons, Outcasts etc is 50 keys.

Soldato
I see, good stuff. Thanks again.

I got up to lvl 6 last night and now I'm giving a SVD a try. The firefly skill is proving very useful for taking out groups of unsuspecting enemy but in hindsight perhaps a healing skill would have been a better choice. I'm making up for it by equipping kit with armour buffs which seems to be working well, at the moment anyway. I'l pick up the main mission again soon I think.

There's still so much I don't understand but that's ok, I'll get there.

Soldato
I see, good stuff. Thanks again.

I got up to lvl 6 last night and now I'm giving a SVD a try. The firefly skill is proving very useful for taking out groups of unsuspecting enemy but in hindsight perhaps a healing skill would have been a better choice. I'm making up for it by equipping kit with armour buffs which seems to be working well, at the moment anyway. I'l pick up the main mission again soon I think.

There's still so much I don't understand but that's ok, I'll get there.
If you get stuck or unsure just post here, someone will now the answer

Soldato
Well now you mention it... :)

At lvl 6, am I missing out on anything by being in the lower-level areas (such as the White House)?

And somewhat related, my main mission progress has fallen way behind my lvl too. Does it matter?

Cheers Ed.

V F

V F

Soldato
No, you're not missing anything. As you complete missions and side missions, it tells you to meet people that upgrades the White House over time.

Soldato
No, you're not missing anything. As you complete missions and side missions, it tells you to meet people that upgrades the White House over time.

That's good to know, thanks. Just been catching up on the main mission. It crashed twice mid-way through the Jefferson Trade Centre so I switched to DX11 and then played through it without a problem.

Lvl7 now with a new skill (striker drone) and unlocked perks, and the White House has been upgraded. I got some new kit too. *wolf whistles*. :)

Edit:
I only upgraded my graphics card (from a GTX780) in spring so I'm hardly at the bleeding edge of gaming but this is the best looking game I've ever seen. The lighting in places and the sheer amount of detail is staggering. :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
That's good to know, thanks. Just been catching up on the main mission. It crashed twice mid-way through the Jefferson Trade Centre so I switched to DX11 and then played through it without a problem.

Lvl7 now with a new skill (striker drone) and unlocked perks, and the White House has been upgraded. I got some new kit too. *wolf whistles*. :)

Edit:
I only upgraded my graphics card (from a GTX780) in spring so I'm hardly at the bleeding edge of gaming but this is the best looking game I've ever seen. The lighting in places and the sheer amount of detail is staggering. :eek:
Glad your enjoying the game.

As VF said, just play through side missions and main missions and they will tell you to speak with someone somewhere and it all ties together.

Soldato
Glad your enjoying the game.

As VF said, just play through side missions and main missions and they will tell you to speak with someone somewhere and it all ties together.

Will do, cheers ED. I read somewhere that the side missions XP rewards scale with your level so I'm saving them for later on. Is that correct?

Soldato
Just in the process of downloading this, haven't played since first one but what's it like for single players? is it a nightmare to get things out?

You can play solo, even in Dark Zones if you have patience and are careful enough to not get overrun or surrounded by NPCs. Problem will be with rogue agents as the game has the same match making principle as WoT, so you'll encounter high level player which are quite impossible to defeat simply due to their stats. Have 2 or 3 working as a team and will ruin the fun for everyone. Same as in the first game.

Associate
You can play solo, even in Dark Zones if you have patience and are careful enough to not get overrun or surrounded by NPCs. Problem will be with rogue agents as the game has the same match making principle as WoT, so you'll encounter high level player which are quite impossible to defeat simply due to their stats. Have 2 or 3 working as a team and will ruin the fun for everyone. Same as in the first game.
I've given up doing anything in the DZ solo now, every time lately I get mauled by a clan working as a foursome, mic'd up. Totally pointless and frustrating to say the least.

V F

V F

Soldato
I've given up doing anything in the DZ solo now, every time lately I get mauled by a clan working as a foursome, mic'd up. Totally pointless and frustrating to say the least.

They camp the spawn zones and entrances to the Dark Zones now with Eclipse Protocol builds.

Associate
They camp the spawn zones and entrances to the Dark Zones now with Eclipse Protocol builds.
I was helping a random out yesterday by keeping the NPC's off him while he uploaded to the heli. 4 players rocked up and took positions round, I didn't know if they were waiting for the last few seconds to upload their gear but sure enough, I got wiped straight away and the random was next. Then they just took his loot and got nothing from me. *****.

Back
Top Bottom