Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
OP

Microsoft has named the UK retailers which will take an Xbox Series S or X pre-order from you next-week.

Pre-orders will open at 8am UK time, Microsoft confirmed today, on the previously announced date of 22nd September.

GAME, Argos, Currys PC World, Smyths Toys and John Lewis & Partners are among the bricks and mortar shops where you'll be able to place your console pre-order.

Online, you'll also be available to pre-order via Amazon UK, AO.com, Very.co.uk and direct from the Microsoft Store.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...rders-go-live-next-week-at-these-uk-retailers

Last edited:
Soldato
Just traded in my one x at GAME, swore I'd never use them again but they gave me £220 for it, unboxed and out of warranty. I've finished everything I'm playing so seemed like a good time to get rid of it.

Associate
Marketing lead of Xbox UK confirmed that there is nothing in the box when buying outright bar a convert to Ultimate to £1 voucher.

Felt it was right to tell people what I had been told, but was clearly given wrong info on this occasion-apologies.

Man of Honour
So is all DLC/Seasons passes etc. included within Game Pass currently? I wonder if this will change once things become established and people are used to paying £8pm...

It seems Xbox cloud gaming is out today too. I hear the lag is noticeable but apparently this is mainly due to Bluetooth lag and can be worked around. Anyone know if you can used a wired pad on an Android tablet for example? Wouldn't mind giving it a punt for a few quid.

Pretty much no DLC is included.

You can use a wired pad using usb otg but it makes no difference in my experience. You’re on a wireless connection which will always give a poor experience.

Last edited:
Soldato
Pretty much no DLC is included.

You can use a wired pad using usb otg but it makes no difference I’m my experience. You’re on a wireless connection which will always give a poor experience.
Okay ta.

I guess with lag it very much depends on the game. Probably fine for slower paced 3rd person type games.

Soldato
Anyone want to hazard a guess on the midnight launch situation? Can I pre-order online for local midnight pickup from nearest Game? Or do I have to go in there at 8am next week and do it the old fashioned way?

Soldato
Same, I'm not really that arsed about 4K, so as long as the S delivers the same visual quality at 1080p it's probably the one for me....but would like to see some comparisons.

Only thing that's bothering me about the S is backwards compatibility. I'd like to see some side-by-side comparisons of popular titles from the 360 and One on One X, Series S, and Series X. If there's a considerable difference, then I may stump up for Series X.

Soldato
Just traded in my one x at GAME, swore I'd never use them again but they gave me £220 for it, unboxed and out of warranty. I've finished everything I'm playing so seemed like a good time to get rid of it.

Can you pre-order with credit at game, reading their online FAQ for trade in it sounds like you can't.

Back
Top Bottom