Spec me a garden vac

Soldato
Our back lawn is fake grass (I know, I'm a monster). It has some leaves and general garden debris gather on it over time. I would say just enough that trying to rake it together to remove it is annoying, but still not a huge amount.
I've never had a garden vac, but looking at them it seems like the standard type are a bit overspecced in terms of the size of their storage.

Can anyone suggest a make/model which is decently powerful, reasonably light and compact? As I say, it doesn't need an outrageous amount of storage, but I'll be annoyed if I buy one and find myself having to go over the area again picking up bits it has missed.

At the moment I resort to using a barrel vacuum cleaner, which probably looks odd to the neighbours!

Soldato
Our back lawn is fake grass (I know, I'm a monster). It has some leaves and general garden debris gather on it over time. I would say just enough that trying to rake it together to remove it is annoying, but still not a huge amount.
I've never had a garden vac, but looking at them it seems like the standard type are a bit overspecced in terms of the size of their storage.

Can anyone suggest a make/model which is decently powerful, reasonably light and compact? As I say, it doesn't need an outrageous amount of storage, but I'll be annoyed if I buy one and find myself having to go over the area again picking up bits it has missed.

At the moment I resort to using a barrel vacuum cleaner, which probably looks odd to the neighbours!

Are you anywhere near the north east? I've got one then moved to a house with no trees.

Soldato
OP
I bought https://www.bosch-diy.com/gb/en/p/universalgardentidy-06008b1000-v47537

Picks up wet leaves from a fake lawn, we get a lot of leaves from Roses etc and it works fine. Large bag, rarely have to empty it (maybe every 2 weeks) Once you have the shoulder strap set right you can hover it over the surface, makes it easy.

Cheers. I was wondering whether there would be some kind of compact design on the market. But as you describe it, these big things work well even if there's not a lot to collect.

Aldi are going to have a cheap version of that type on sale from this weekend. Might pick that up as a test of concept.

Back
Top Bottom