• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
fb4277e5ca68a4f72f16c505af01524f56acc0e6f0e084c71bf349c76e0212e7.jpg

Soldato
Looks alright to me. It's value is in price/perf though.

Triple fan points to either higher tdp or a genuine attempt to be cool and quiet... Place your bets! I'm going with clocked past the sweet spot

Triple fan is not new for AMD - the Radeon VII had a triple fan design, and was 295w, less than Nvidia's 320w 3080 and 350w 3090.

I'm hoping the RX6000 are a good 50W lower TDP than Nvidia, with similar performance. Fingers crossed!

Associate
I think it looks superb, one thing though that does scream and me is it does not look like its going to be cheap, it looks like a premium cooler.. However with Nvidia releasing marked down prices initially this time around, heres hoping AMD will come in a bit cheaper as well.

One things for sure, i would definitely consider that stock cooler this time around, where as the last stock cooler AMD card i bought was the 290, and we all know how that turned out! i quickly sold that and bought 2 x MSI Gaming X cards which were almost as bad, so traded them in the Sapphire Tri-X cards, and those were a thing of beauty.

I just wish we would get some kind of indication of price and performance, obviously we wont get this til actual reviews, or even an idea of how the product stack is going to play out, so we can end the speculation of *Navi 21, Navi 22, 80CU, 56CU, 3060 competitor, 2070 compeptitor, 3080 competitor" etc.

Would be nice if AMD said *Ok guys we got new cards coming out, 6500, 6600, 6700, 6800* etc no need to give specifics on speed and CU's etc but a nice indication of what market segments they are targetting.

Soldato
They do share similarities, but with a design like that there's only so much you can do so I am not sure what the issue is.
When i scrolled past, and briefly looked at the image and yeah i thought it looked close.
Once i actually took the time to observe the detail of the cards, they just don't look that similar to me.

Caporegime
Quite spot on isn't he? Only Nvidia fanboys are whining about everything including the release date. Somehow they can't wait a month even though all the anticipated games are coming out in November.

They either want AMD to force a discount on their Nvidia cards or AMD to fail green-lighting their unnecessarily early Nvidia gpu purchase.
How to realise if you are a fanboy (acceptance is the first step to being cured).

1. You see everybody else as a fanboy for the other team.
2. If anybody makes a criticism of your team, they are a shill for the other team.
3. If anybody mentions any other team without mocking them, they are a shill for that team.
4. If anybody fails to clap and cheer your team, they are a shill for another team.
5. If anybody says they are not a shill for another team, but isn't on your team's supporters list, they are lying.

It's particularly sad in this sub-forum, the amount of unapologetic bias on display for all to see.

People here are proud of flying their green or red colours, and it's really, well, just sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom