New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Associate
Sadly only subscribers can see rtings early acces review right now but better response time than the LG 27gl850 is a good news.

Associate
Well it has arrived today... so far.. it's ok.. seems like Dell are ******* morons when it comes to designing the backface, buttons are retarded positions (do these retards know that many people mount displays next to each, so how in the **** am I meant to put my hand behind it to mess around with stupid buttons on the back? when there is a adjacent monitor next to it.

.. the worst.. VESA mount is embedded so you can't even ******* hook the VESA mounting plate onto the standing arm after its screwed into the monitor, I mean I got it mounted but only by the end.. its not exactly securely fitted.. because it is impossible due to the retarded bit of plastic sticking out at the bottom preventing you from getting enough room to mount the arm... ***** idiots.

built in power, sure it will heat up like a furnace, and short cables.

on the plus side they did bundle a USB cable... the shortest length you can get..money well spent not.

No dead pixels... thank fuq for that.

Still think my £200 Element Gaming 144hz 1440p monitor was a better deal aside from the ****** 1 warranty and it breaking after a year.. maybe this dell can last longer.

Well it has arrived today... so far.. it's ok.. seems like Dell are ******* morons when it comes to designing the backface, buttons are retarded positions (do these retards know that many people mount displays next to each, so how in the **** am I meant to put my hand behind it to mess around with stupid buttons on the back? when there is a adjacent monitor next to it.

.. the worst.. VESA mount is embedded so you can't even ******* hook the VESA mounting plate onto the standing arm after its screwed into the monitor, I mean I got it mounted but only by the end.. its not exactly securely fitted.. because it is impossible due to the retarded bit of plastic sticking out at the bottom preventing you from getting enough room to mount the arm... ***** idiots.

built in power, sure it will heat up like a furnace, and short cables.

on the plus side they did bundle a USB cable... the shortest length you can get..money well spent not.

No dead pixels... thank fuq for that.

Still think my £200 Element Gaming 144hz 1440p monitor was a better deal aside from the ****** 1 warranty and it breaking after a year.. maybe this dell can last longer.
Can you explain the VESA mounting issues? I can’t tell what the issue is from your comment. Are you saying there isn’t enough space surrounding the screws, making it hard for most mounts to fit in the recess?

Associate
Only way to get that on.. is totally take the whole arm off, have the plate already mounted on it, and then screw the display into the plate... logically retarded, and not at all convenient when one might hav other screens on the other arms to dismantle, and desks to move.. seriously ******* dell, 2020 and they've got someone designing the back of these screens all fancy and rgb like, where they'll be facing a wall for years and can't even get the basics right.

Associate
yes that lump is the issue, where that hdmi button is, you can't physically get that mounting arm to hook onto the plate, because there is no physical room to slide it on.. as you would with any other display I've tried

Associate
Sorry, i’m having a blonde moment. Are you saying that the plastic vertical lump is the issue, blocking the rest of the arm from sitting flush? Isn’t that part of your mounting system? Apologies if I’m being an apocalyptic moron and not seeing the obvious.
He just needs to mount the plate to the arm, then the plate to the monitor. Making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Associate
Sadly only subscribers can see rtings early acces review right now but better response time than the LG 27gl850 is a good news.

yeh i got access. Its mostly the same as the LG review apart from factory calibration being quite abit worse (5.2/10) and worse black uniformity by a bit (BLB etc) on the dell. The contrast is very slightly better but no one would be able to tell the difference. The rest is pretty much the same as the LG 27gl850, but the response time looks to be abit better on the dell.

Associate
He just needs to mount the plate to the arm, then the plate to the monitor. Making a mountain out of a mole hill.

That is no easy task and its a big mole hill that need not have been an issue if dell had a damned clue.

Its mostly the same as the LG review apart from factory calibration being quite abit worse (5.2/10)

what are the good color calibration settings for this then... why are display manufactures still not calibrating monitors properly..

Associate
That is no easy task and its a big mole hill that need not have been an issue if dell had a damned clue.

what are the good color calibration settings for this then... why are display manufactures still not calibrating monitors properly..

I’m with you bud. The monitor market and QC is an absolute ********. Expecting people to fork out another £100 on a calibrator is ridiculous on a £400+ monitor. Maybe if they actually calibrated them properly they would have a lot less people returning them. Obviously this varies between units but not by much. I hate this panel lottery ****. Some people get displays tinted yellow like their cat took a **** on it, others have insane eye burning saturation.

mine arrives today, if there’s any backlight bleed or if colours are crappy I’ll send it back.

Back
Top Bottom