How often do you fall asleep watching TV

Caporegime
Most nights. Usually TBBT on to watch in bed and usually end up going to sleep before the second episode finishes at 2.

Never really been a nap person although I've always got by on 5-6 hours of sleep, any more and I weirdly feel tired during the day.

Associate
No TV in the bedroom here, but I am finding myself waking up a few times each week at 7am with the book I'm reading lying on my chest. I think it's a sign I need to start reading a little earlier!

Associate
Often fall asleep on the sofa, the wife says we have a magic blanket because the minute I put it on I falls asleep.

I do have sleep apnea so it is to be expected, we don't have a TV in the bedroom however when we move i look forward to it.

Associate
What's up with our new starters lately? They're signing up to a computer forum, to ask the following questions:

Roddy Starr - "I have a heap of expired cheques. How do I cash them in?"
That Jekka Gal - "I'm an ex-CUKer. Any of you OCUKers also a CUKer?"

Both Roddy Starr and That Jekka Gal claim to be girls, but of course we know that there are no girls on the internet. Look up Rules of the Internet, under rule 16. Mrs Seabiscuit / Seakitchen is the only exception, because I know them :p

Now we have Gazflow (also probably claiming to be a girl) asking if we fall asleep in front of the telly.

Anyhoo, welcome to OcUK all of you :D

My answer to Gazflow about the telly is - I've never had one but I have switched to a streaming service for the first time this year (during lockdown) and I haven't fallen asleep in front of that.

I posted similar about a year ago I think about people signing up to ask random ****. Sometimes it looks like they're trying to plug a certain product or service on the sly, but other times (such as this thread) it actually is inexplicable.

So weird. I was googling some DIY things the other day in private browsing on my phone and OcUK came up every single time as maybe the 3rd or 4th link. I think we've just covered every possible topic here.

I posted similar about a year ago I think about people signing up to ask random ****. Sometimes it looks like they're trying to plug a certain product or service on the sly, but other times (such as this thread) it actually is inexplicable.

Interesting - cheers fellas! It could be Google's location services kicking in on desktop and mobile browsers. It doesn't even has to be near to Stoke e.g. Stafford, just that they're from the UK. Also, I think the OcUK forum is one of the remaining few forums that hasn't been sucked up by the big internet machine that is Facebook!

Associate
Not a lot when watching TV, but I normally fall asleep watching something on my phone when I go to bed. I find it helps me sleep if I have some background noise to listen to.

Back
Top Bottom