• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
God damnit Nvidia. This launch is feeling like lies. You can bet my £1400 stays in my pocket if there aren't 50% gains in every single game at 4k over a heavily overclocked 2080ti. It sucks I bought a C9 Oled because it completely bans and blocks me technologically from anyone but Nvidia.

That's why I'm not going for a 3090, only a 3080 maybe. 3090 is not the new Titan, it's the new ti and it's still overpriced like 2080ti was.
We shall see more tomorrow.

Soldato
God damnit Nvidia. This launch is feeling like lies. You can bet my £1400 stays in my pocket if there aren't 50% gains in every single game at 4k over a heavily overclocked 2080ti. It sucks I bought a C9 Oled because it completely bans and blocks me technologically from anyone but Nvidia.

That was never promised so I don’t see how it’s your expectation. Prepare to have a fanboy rage tomorrow.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Digital foundry reminds of a BIG high street retailer I'm not going to mention.

Yeah, I think I know which one :p

What cracks me up about their videos is, they love to say things like "and that's all we have time for" or "we have run out of time" at the end of each video. It's like, erm, your not on live tv mate? Lol :p:D

Associate
Yeah, I think I know which one :p

What cracks me up about their videos is, they love to say things like "and that's all we have time for" or "we have run out of time" at the end of each video. It's like, erm, your not on live tv mate? Lol :p:D

Yes exactly, I think you know which I mean, it's them quotes alone where I wonder if he did originally come from the high street :D:D

Soldato

That was never promised so I don’t see how it’s your expectation. Prepare to have a fanboy rage tomorrow.

Well initially it was touted that the 3080 was twice as fast as the 2080ti so it doesn't take much to believe that the 3090 was/is twice as fast as the 2080ti at 4k.

Permabanned

Does it flicker too in gsync mode? Nvidia dont seem to even do VRR properly ffs theres an article where they blame it on monitors. :O

Days mines not useable, My monitor not the TV so i must reboot cycle until the rng god decides i can play flicker free in world of tanks.

Associate
How AdoredTV can call the Samsung 8nm decision dumb without all the facts about commercial, financial, and legal factors beggars belief.

He has a serious case of Dunning Kruger as do most of the tech tubers. I know of very few who have worked in any part of the field, or a neighbouring field, that they constantly weigh in on.

In saying that, some of them are really very good.

Associate
Will the NDA lift at midnight or will there be a specific time for reviews to be uploaded.

Im coming from a 1070 so even if the 3080 is only 20% faster than a 2080ti il be happy as its gonna be a huge boost for me and its half the price of a 2080ti. Obviously 30/40% would be much better

Caporegime

Well it was implied by Nvidia claiming the 3080 was twice as fast as the 2080 ergo the 3080 should be 50% faster than a 2080ti and since a 3090 should be 20% faster than a 3080 that means a 3090 will be 60% faster than a 2080ti.

It wont be.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Will the NDA lift at midnight or will there be a specific time for reviews to be uploaded.

Im coming from a 1070 so even if the 3080 is only 20% faster than a 2080ti il be happy as its gonna be a huge boost for me and its half the price of a 2080ti. Obviously 30/40% would be much better

id expect 1400 uk time.

Soldato

6am pst so uk 2pm

Wouldn't mind knowing what time the FE cards drop though, might be same time a 6am pst.

Soldato
What can they release thats better though without taking power draw above 400w?.
Full enabled one. Ie, a Titan and then a derivative of that later, ie a 3090 Ti . I doubt there would be much in it however, 10% or so over 3090.

I doubt it'd be the case. My money is on the 3090 being the best performing gaming GPU, a TItan for the extreme, and later a 3080 Ti based off of a 3090, just a bit less memory. But who knows?

Soldato
I can’t wait until all of the end of October when all of the information is out then I won’t have to endure these endless questions from people who CBA to read the thread or where nobody could possibly know the answer, “If I use a 3080 on Mars will it be as fast as it is on Venus?”.

Back
Top Bottom