Living alone: What's the worst part of cleaning your home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Now I live on my own, my GF is 100 miles away and I don't mind cleaning. I will happily dust, clean windows, laundry and do dishes, but the worst thing about cleaning is doing the shower. I absolutely hate cleaning the drain filter on the shower, it's absolutely disgusting. No matter how long i put it off, it still has to be done.

What is the worst/most hated part about cleaning your home?

Soldato
I’m with you there, 100% the shower.
I try and do it more often and wipe it down and clear out plug after use, it just makes it easier.

I wouldn’t, however, call it disgusting. What are you doing in your shower?! ;)

Soldato
Not really cleaning the home but I hate hanging out washing....live in a flat so it’s on one of those clothes horse...I feel like chucking the whole lot out the window!

Soldato
A good few years back when I was staying with my at the time partner for the weekend I offered to clean through as she was poorly.

I noticed that the shower was taking awhile to drain, ended up pulling up what felt like an infinite slimy rope of hair that must have been building up for at least a year. I kept having to stop as it was actually making me gag, the smell was absolutely horrendous.

Soldato
Yeah definitely the bathroom. The previous owners left it in a disgusting state. There is still black mould that I can't get off. I have tried all sorts :(

I use one of those plug hole covers to catch as much hair as possible (before anyone judges I'm female and have long thick hair :p) every now and then I'll pour some baking soda and white vinegar down the drain to help clear the gunk. I also spray around after I shower every day with vinegar water.

And once a month I put my shower curtain and bath mat in the washing machine :o (I long for the day I can finally re do it all and have a shower screen instead!)

Soldato
OP
Yeah definitely the bathroom. The previous owners left it in a disgusting state. There is still black mould that I can't get off. I have tried all sorts :(

I use one of those plug hole covers to catch as much hair as possible (before anyone judges I'm female and have long thick hair :p) every now and then I'll pour some baking soda and white vinegar down the drain to help clear the gunk. I also spray around after I shower every day with vinegar water.

And once a month I put my shower curtain and bath mat in the washing machine. (I long for the day I can finally re do it all and have a shower screen instead!)

That is a cracking idea, I would never have thougt to use baking soda for that, thanks.
Not sure I could use a plug hole cover as mine is a corner shower with a filter of sorts.

Soldato
Almost made myself ill trying to get the bath sealer/tile grout clean....had 3 or 4 different products, one def had bleach...not sure about the rest but they clearly weren’t meant to be used together and turned my small bathroom in to a ******* gas chamber :p

Soldato
Yeah, bathroom is the worst. Thing is it doesn’t take long to do, I’m just too lazy to do it.

What’s a drain filter? I don’t think I have one.

Soldato
That is a cracking idea, I would never have thougt to use baking soda for that, thanks.
Not sure I could use a plug hole cover as mine is a corner shower with a filter of sorts.
Lol no worries. Baking soda is good for cleaning ovens too, just sprinkle on the bottom and spray a bit of vinegar over it and let it do it's thing :D

Ah I see what you mean. I definitely hate the sink plug as it's one that you have a lever to open and close it. When I first cleaned it, it was full of gunk and hair *gag* :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom