• Yes - 40mm non cellular

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Yes - 44mm non cellular

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 36 31.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
I was thinking of doing the same this year, do they want the strap back as well or just the watch body?

On my S3 I had a custom strap, and they let me keep it. But I'll be honest I tend to take the box, strap, charger etc in. I don't know if you get extra cash for doing that but it's one less box lying around.

Commissario
OP
As I said in the event thread, the cellular 44mm space grey aluminium watch with a sport loop strap is twenty quid cheaper than last year.

The blue looks nice but the red is too bright for me.

Associate
I'd be tempted if they can improve the battery life a bit, especially if they're planning on some proper sleep tracking.

I have a Garmin vivoactive and while it's not as all singing/all dancing (in a smart watch sense), it is really nice to only have to charge it a twice a week.

Yeah I still don't see the point of them. My wife has a S5 and wears it all day, then has to charge it before bed for the sleep tracking. Until they can go 4 or 5 days I see them as utterly useless. I get around 2 weeks with my garmin 235, i've even taken it on holiday for 2 weeks and not had to charge it. The pricing and features of the 6 is very tempting but battery life will still be terrible. :(

Commissario
OP
Mine goes on charge when I shower in the morning and I slap it on again for half an hour or so before I go to bed. It's never ever gone flat on me.

I like the idea of sleep tracking built into the OS, I'll dump Autosleep.

If there is a difference of £20 between the SE and the S5, the S5 is the one to go for right?
The cheapest 3 is £199
The cheapest SE is £269
The cheapest 6 is £379
The S5 isn't available from Apple any more.

Soldato
There's nothing wrong with new products every year, it was your mistake for making such a small upgrade. I tend to upgrade my watch on a 2 year cycle, that way I get bigger upgrades.

You are correct my friend and I won’t be repeating that mistake with 5 to 6. All I see is marketing gimmick and something about blood oxygen levels.

Soldato
Also maybe this is the hypochondriac/overthinker in me but reading stuff like "Green, red and infrared LEDs shine light onto the blood vessels in your wrist" - is there any research to show this doesn't have any long term negative health effects? Before you laugh it off, extreme example but they used to use x-rays in shoe stores before they realised how dangerous they were...

Back
Top Bottom