• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
gonna try to get a 3080 regardless. I got a G-sync monitor and don't care for AMD shoddy drivers.

I also don't see them beating NV or even if they match them a 3080 isn't going to become a £500 card. I'm bored of having no dGPU

Associate
I'm waiting for Cyberpunk to not suck, then we'll see about something to run that. Best to wait for the dust to settle and stock to be normal anyway.

Permabanned
To fix the G Sync flicker on LG C9 do the following on the TV:

Go to 'all settings -> General settings -> Additional settings -> turn off Live Plus'

No more flicker

Nah its on my monitor and i know its software as it will go away with multiple reboots and powering off. I also seen the overlay of the WOT menu while ingame. It has not been seen in other games either and thats what Nvidia said its only some games and its down to LCD tech.

Yea basically Nvidia lied to me, Good job i got a discount as well and people were moaning about it and low and behold theres articles online about Gsync compatibility not working and Nvidia claiming it cant be fixed. BS!!!

Permabanned
Technically the problem is the monitors! AMD has just gone to extra effort to hide the undesirable effects but you are still getting less than ideal behaviour just not so obviously.

This is the problem of a knee-jerk developed technology like adaptive sync which "misuses" existing functionality like panel self refresh to work if the monitor manufacturers aren't on top of the implementation.

Good old Rroff i missed your post and already replied ah well either way no one said this when i bought it, And tbh this further proves i was very very wise to only spend £268. It could have been a much more expensive mistake but on days where it does crop up it can be really annoying and then when it goes away its an amazing experience.

Man of Honour
Good old Rroff i missed your post and already replied ah well either way no one said this when i bought it, And tbh this further proves i was very very wise to only spend £268. It could have been a much more expensive mistake but on days where it does crop up it can be really annoying and then when it goes away its an amazing experience.

Reading your follow up post suggests the problem is an incompatibility with an overlay + adaptive sync (do you have anything like Rivatuner or Afterburner running?) I've had some issues related to that even with a G-Sync module.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
giphy.gif

That is actually the Google Stadia thread. There is one guy in there talking to himself.

Even Rock n Troll disappeared after the epic fail Stadia turned out to be. Lol.

Permabanned
Reading your follow up post suggests the problem is an incompatibility with an overlay + adaptive sync (do you have anything like Rivatuner or Afterburner running?) I've had some issues related to that even with a G-Sync module.

I only use Afterburner and DSR i am a minimalist so there is no overlay ever, And i do not use a frame limiter as games will never touch the 280fps cap that my monitor has. I even changed the cable to a quality Lindy and still World of Tanks menu and ingame flickers.

I have to turn off,on,off,on and keep trying and had i known this at the time i would maybe of waited for a proper G Sync module display but the pricing has been ruined (Posts on that lol) so i went for that one instead of the £500 module displays.

Back
Top Bottom