Living alone: What's the worst part of cleaning your home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
Almost made myself ill trying to get the bath sealer/tile grout clean....had 3 or 4 different products, one def had bleach...not sure about the rest but they clearly weren’t meant to be used together and turned my small bathroom in to a ******* gas chamber :p

Oh dear :D

No matter how much dust / gunge / pubic hair you remove, it always come back. Leave it and after a while it plateaus and then you learn to live with it.

Unfortunately it affects the drainage of the shower. End up standing in half an inch of water lol.

Lol no worries. Baking soda is good for cleaning ovens too, just sprinkle on the bottom and spray a bit of vinegar over it and let it do it's thing :D

Ah I see what you mean. I definitely hate the sink plug as it's one that you have a lever to open and close it. When I first cleaned it, it was full of gunk and hair *gag* :(

That. Is. Grim. :(

Man of Honour
Nothing comes close to the pain of cleaning an old, dirty oven.

You can spent infinite time on it and it will never be clean.

Soldato
Taking a bath in the sink while doing the dishes
tenor.gif

Man of Honour
Can't say there's much of it I really don't like, half a Sunday with some music blaring and the house is clean.

Oven/drains aren't really a problem, we have sieves in the bathtub and kitchen sink so they aren't really a problem, and I line the bottom of my oven with foil for easy cleaning (not that it ever really gets dirty).

I guess limescale is the only real issue we have, a pain to clean up and it seems to build back up in a day or two.

Soldato
I just drop some mr.muscle down the plug and it clears it in no time. None of that getting your hands dirty. :D

V_R

V_R

Soldato
While I don't live alone, the shower trap is a barsteward. The amount of hair I pull out of it every week suggests that my other half should be bald by now. :eek::mad:

Soldato
I hate cleaning full stop. I’m typically quite tidy, so it’s normally not a problem, but some things can’t be left for too long :p

Soldato
Do you not stink of vinegar?

:D

Well no because I'm spraying around the tiles etc not my body :p
Tried this?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HG-Mould-Remover-Foam-Spray/dp/B01CRBEUVO

Failing that, rip out the silicone and redo it. :)

I'm pretty sure that's the stuff my mum uses at home and it stinks the whole place out. I don't have a window and using bleach was bad enough

I did buy some sealant to re do it but then had decided to re do the whole bathroom based on the state they left it in. (I just didn't plan on other things taking up money and delaying it. )

Soldato
The gutters. There are a couple of spots where I can't get the ladders in the ideal position so end-up working blind, directly above my head, and I always end-up with loads of gutter-juice on my head/down the back of my neck (and it doesn't smell good at all). :D

Soldato
OP
The gutters. There are a couple of spots where I can't get the ladders in the ideal position so end-up working blind, directly above my head, and I always end-up with loads of gutter-juice on my head/down the back of my neck (and it doesn't smell good at all). :D

Which reminds me, I need to do my girlfriends gutters....no, that was not a euphemism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom