Summer Transfer Window 2020/21 - Rumours & Signings *please quote sources*

Status
Not open for further replies.

fez

fez

Caporegime
lol why?

He's being paid 700k a week to do very little. He could easily move clubs but isnt.

My heart bleeds.

I don't have any issue if he wants to see out his crazy contract in Madrid but I have less than 0 sympathy for someone who is getting paid that much money to do nothing and has had the chance to change their situation.

Soldato
he hasn't had the chance though. It was the club not Bale who cancelled the sale to China. Or rather changed the terms so the Chinese club walked away. It is Zidane who keeps him on the bench and won't start him. Bale is simply saying contract = you pay me. Quite right too. If they won't sell him or give him game time what is he supposed to do? Why they won't loan him I don't know. It all seems petty somewhere along the line.

Soldato
he hasn't had the chance though. It was the club not Bale who cancelled the sale to China. Or rather changed the terms so the Chinese club walked away. It is Zidane who keeps him on the bench and won't start him. Bale is simply saying contract = you pay me. Quite right too. If they won't sell him or give him game time what is he supposed to do? Why they won't loan him I don't know. It all seems petty somewhere along the line.

Well yes but the idea that people feel sorry got him is absolute madness. He hasnt moved because gus wage demands are insane.

Soldato
Well yes but the idea that people feel sorry got him is absolute madness. He hasnt moved because gus wage demands are insane.

Or is it because he would have to buy himself out of the contract with the Spanish league in order to leave, so doing so to take a pay cut isn't a great outcome? (Have I understood that right - the players there are somehow employed by the league as well as the club?)

Associate
He hasnt moved because gus wage demands are insane.

What do you expect him to do? At the end of his career and a club bumped his contract to insane amounts of money. Probably 4 times more than he would be getting anywhere else. Then the clubs tactics are to belittle him at every opportunity thinking he would accept a move away. Good on him for flipping them the finger and sitting his contract out. I hope he takes them for all he can get.

Soldato
This feels like a really desperate move from Levy.

The squad needs a striker and Mourinho wants a particular profile of no9, so he goes after a brand name that isn't a no9 and may break the wage structure and alienate Kane and Son

He then can't find a LB so he buys a player that will be lost if they turn out to be any good.

Desperate and short sighted

Soldato
It can't be true it's not the end of the transfer window. Isn't Levy famous for last day "deals"? This will be some kind of smokescreen to pressure whoever they're really after.

fez

fez

Caporegime
What do you expect him to do? At the end of his career and a club bumped his contract to insane amounts of money. Probably 4 times more than he would be getting anywhere else. Then the clubs tactics are to belittle him at every opportunity thinking he would accept a move away. Good on him for flipping them the finger and sitting his contract out. I hope he takes them for all he can get.

No one is saying that they they expect him to do anything. You can't complain you want to move and play football and then refuse to do anything from your end.

If he wants to stay and collect a fat pay cheque every month he is welcome to. If he wants to move and not to a very specific club who can pay him insane wages he needs to take a pay cut. His choice. There will have been loads of clubs willing to pay him big money and RM a decent fee. Just no one will pay him £700k/week or whatever he is on.

Man of Honour
This feels like a really desperate move from Levy.

The squad needs a striker and Mourinho wants a particular profile of no9, so he goes after a brand name that isn't a no9 and may break the wage structure and alienate Kane and Son
True but any #9 is going to be a backup for Kane rather than a foil and hence will only attract a certain type of player, that could be seen as more of a secondary type of purchase that will be sorted out near deadline day based on whomever they can get.
If I were them I'd look at Danny Sturridge maybe, a free agent and his ban is over, proven PL goalscorer who would presumably be happy to sit on the bench at Spurs given where his career has gone lately.

That said having already bought Bergwijn it doesn't make a lot of sense, basically there is only room for two of Bale, Son and Bergjwin meaning you'd be benching either one of the new big purchases or a popular player in Son. Unless he wants to play Kane and Son as a pair up front but I don't see how that would work either, if you go 4-4-2 you can't really fit Alli into that, if you go 3-5-2 you'd then be having Doherty competing for one of the wing-back slots with them.

Don
It would probably take Bale a full season to get back into the swing of things.
Given the amount of golf he's played lately, I don't think it'll take him that long to get back into the swing of things.

On a more serious note, I wonder whether Mourinho is looking at him as another CF option rather as much as a wide player. I'm not sure a 31 year old player that appeared to have settled to life as a amateur golfer is the best transfer but with Real reportedly heavily subsidising his wages (and the challenges around making permanent signings at the moment), it's a calculated gamble for Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom