• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
I think its more the developer.....they are exceptional at world building and story telling and a lot found the Witcher 3 to be amazing for that...they are also known for being a good egg as game developers/publishers go, so people are naturally excited for their next big game.:D

And you're the same as me....980ti upgrade to go with my 10900k

Thanks for the info, I haven't really 'gamed' for about 4-5 years now, but kids heading to school soon so hopfully going to get back on it! My 980ti has lasted about 5 years, hoping the 3080, or the 3090 if I can't get a 3080 will do the same!

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Thanks for the info, I haven't really 'gamed' for about 4-5 years now, but kids heading to school soon so hopfully going to get back on it! My 980ti has lasted about 5 years, hoping the 3080, or the 3090 if I can't get a 3080 will do the same!

You fellas time your upgrades really well, they are decent jumps yet top cards to have - last ages.

Associate
buying early in a new release is not a bad idea, best value/longevity - these days though?

Q1'021 seems like the most sensible unless you've been sitting on a 980... and can't hold your water.

I got a whole new rig here just waiting for a new GFX card.......I'm going to be spamming F5 faster than anyone!

Soldato
I got a whole new rig here just waiing for a new GFX card.......I'm going to be spamming F5 faster than anyone!

What card you spamming for?

I'm going to be buying on Thursday at 2pm but can't make my mind up on what one to go for.

It would really help if I knew what models are going to be in stock. My first choice would be auros master.

Associate
You fellas time your upgrades really well, they are decent jumps yet top cards to have - last ages.

Yeah I tend to get the best card I can....and then skip 2 gens, so that the upgrade feels really worth it.

Im still torn over 3090 or the 3080 though......my natural purchase would have been a 3080ti, but they are holding that back it seems and the 980ti is definitely showing its age now.

Associate
Yeah I tend to get the best card I can....and then skip 2 gens, so that the upgrade feels really worth it.

Im still torn over 3090 or the 3080 though......my natural purchase would have been a 3080ti, but they are holding that back it seems and the 980ti is definitely showing its age now.

I never buy the TI variant but i was going too this time around if it was reasonably priced but it hasnt been announced so im going for the 3080 should be a huge upgrade from my 1070. i just hope AMD dont come out smashing the 3080 as that will bring a 3080TI out straight away and make me peed off, i dont mind one coming out 6 month down the line and being 1k as that would ease the pain and i wouldn't buy at 1k anyways.

Id rather a 3080 and a PS5

Associate
I never buy the TI variant but i was going too this time around if it was reasonably priced but it hasnt been announced so im going for the 3080 should be a huge upgrade from my 1070. i just hope AMD dont come out smashing the 3080 as that will bring a 3080TI out straight away and make me peed off, i dont mind one coming out 6 month down the line and being 1k as that would ease the pain and i wouldn't buy at 1k anyways.

Id rather a 3080 and a PS5

Would have really been happy to have a Ti edition at launch, now the more I read on it the more I am concerned about heat and noise on this generation. I watched the AdornedTV video and he makes some very good points regards these cards being really hard to cool/too noisy based on architecture. I guess waiting for the benchmarks and reviews tomorrow is a must.

Soldato
we know its going to be tight but any proof on how bad or just a feeling in you're water, corns, trick knee ?

And the fact that in Australia you have to win a raffle to buy a RTX3080, stock is so bad they are raffling off whatever cards are available within the launch window

Soldato
Would have really been happy to have a Ti edition at launch, now the more I read on it the more I am concerned about heat and noise on this generation. I watched the AdornedTV video and he makes some very good points regards these cards being really hard to cool/too noisy based on architecture. I guess waiting for the benchmarks and reviews tomorrow is a must.

But then we'll only get to see the FE cards and won't know how the AIBs compare until they're all released.

Soldato
Thanks for this.

I'll hold out getting a 3080 / 3090 and wait for some people to comment on noise, heat and power issues especially with aftermarket cards. It sounds like they are going to reach daft levels of heat or cooling simply isnt going to cope

The noise will not be an issue on the Founders cooler. So, as much as every one is going to spit at me for saying it I would strongly advise waiting for reviews on the exact card you want. Because with what I have seen today it is beginning to sound like some of them will be an absolute nightmare.

This isn't a 2080 Super and it won't be anywhere near as easy to cool. I am wondering now if that funny looking thing Gamer's Nexus have been showing is some sort of device that measures the heat being pumped out of the back of the PC. It seriously, seriously concerns me.

In my old "Grade C" flat (like thermal rating)? I would have turned the rig around and rubbed my hands together. Seriously, that place was so cold I had to wear gloves in winter with the heating on. It just all went out of the 80 year old windows. My new flat? run the tumbler once, even in -0 conditions and you will be sweating. It's grade A.

I can see why they waited for "fall" to launch it :D OK, that was a bad joke but seriously I can not even think about dealing with something pumping out over 400w of waste heat into my room all day.

This is the cost of going cheap I suppose. You release one with a stupid priced cooler on, make it look good then leave your AIBs to sort it out.

Soldato
Some store in the US has some listings up (not for order yet) so there's some new images of EVGA cards. The XC3 looks nice imo and seems like it may cool decently with the 3 fans and a very open back plate.

81y6DKZCouL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71jiK-wrRoL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71oPcoA19zL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Associate
The noise will not be an issue on the Founders cooler. So, as much as every one is going to spit at me for saying it I would strongly advise waiting for reviews on the exact card you want. Because with what I have seen today it is beginning to sound like some of them will be an absolute nightmare.

I would have to agree with that, we have just got a swathe of hints from several youtube tech shows such as Linus (from the WAN show on LTT) about waiting for actual reviews and benchmarks and also seeing what the AMD card does and Jayz2cent about not selling your 2080Ti's. Far too many subtle hints around to hold fire...while I might be called paranoid I think I will take their advice and hold until the AMD graphics card announcement next month. I think my cards will survive until then.

Back
Top Bottom