• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Guess I'm one of the lucky minority JayZ refers to that really doesn't give a flying fig about how the card looks, just about performance.

I don’t get it. I look at the card when I get it out the box and install it, look at it again to clear the dust out every now and then and then I’ll probably look at it a final time when it gets replaced or sold...

They should definitely make stealth or basic visual versions for people who don’t need lights and pointless stuff. It would be awesome! :)

Caporegime
@humbug

Here you are pasting his videos into the thread here and literally paying him for producing it :)

Good... job?

I'm not sure why anyone watches these "influencers" and their crap anyhow.

Soldato
I don’t get it. I look at the card when I get it out the box and install it, look at it again to clear the dust out every now and then and then I’ll probably look at it a final time when it gets replaced or sold...

They should definitely make stealth or basic visual versions for people who don’t need lights and pointless stuff. It would be awesome! :)

They'd probably try and charge a premium for it.

I've got a glass side, but it faces away from me. I've tried to have decent cable management, but that's for airflow purposes, not visuals.

Soldato
They'd probably try and charge a premium for it.

I've got a glass side, but it faces away from me. I've tried to have decent cable management, but that's for airflow purposes, not visuals.

Unfortunately you’re not wrong. :(

Mines deep under my desk and I generally use the lights as and indication whether it’s on or not. Lol! And whether it needs dusting.

Soldato
Before Jay got banned by AMD he would pound on about all sort of stuff he felt AMD didn't do right.
And yet, years later, he's right back to were he started. If he keeps it up he will get another revolt from his viewers.

Man of Honour
Well it has to be more than 10 minutes long or he won’t get to make advertising revenue from it. :D He must’ve just got carried away.

It's down to 8 minutes now, they changed it a couple of months ago,
you still earn ad revenue for shorter videos but you only get 1 ad at the begining,
post a video over 8 minutes and you can add some extra adverts midway through the video ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
People seriously berating a strip of red on an AMD card?...

Looks purposeful overall to me

Meh. I can't say I don't care what a graphics card looks like. I do have a window on my rig now, but I *almost* don't care. I mean, it would have to be some kind of ugly for me to give a damn. Besides, I think the AMD 6000 series stuff looks good from what I've seen so far.

Still, I'm not holding off from a 3080 purchase unless AMD gives me some indication of the performance I'm waiting for.

Delayed gratification is fine....if there is actually gratification after said delay.

Soldato
Now I'm curious. What video brought this about?
I honestly don't remember now, it's been well over a year or 2.

Edit:
I found one the tweets. But there was a lot more to it then just that.

Point is AMD did ban him and he made a big fuss about it. The above tweet wasn't the one I was looking for though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Remember these hypocritcs banning together against AMD's Pricing?
@55:01

When it's from Nvidia charging $1200 were was the outcry then? Oh yeah, almost forgot NDA, samples...etc..

I suggest everyone to remember those faces when they review praises of Ampere and their disdain for Radeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom