*** Apple Event (new Apple Watches, iPads etc) 15th September at 18:00 UK ***

Soldato
Looking at the prices of the watch - The standard Space Grey Aluminium watch with a sport loop is twenty quid cheaper than last year.

I stand corrected. Perhaps I should have double checked before chuntering :)

Fingers crossed they shave the same twenty quid off the iPhone if that comes without a charger.

Associate
I’ve tried to pre order different versions of the watch Series 6 and it keeps saying store pick up unavailable and delivery time of two weeks. So much for available this Friday ?

Anyone else having this problem ?

Soldato
You recon? who knows what will come. We can see soon. :)

Id put good money on it - they will want you to have a reason to buy an iPad - if a phone can do it (hence why they split iOS and iPad os) everyone would just plug in their phone and use it as a 'desktop pc', which iPhones running the same silicon are more than capable of power wise, so iPhone will never have usbc IMO - or if it does, it will purely be to charge it ONLY, and perhaps a debug port, it will never allow you to transfer anything, maybe photos only, that's it.

Soldato
I’ve tried to pre order different versions of the watch Series 6 and it keeps saying store pick up unavailable and delivery time of two weeks. So much for available this Friday ?

Anyone else having this problem ?
Yeah I checked it out and it was the same. Also had limited options too, like the product red one didn’t come with a silicone band etc

Permabanned
Id put good money on it - they will want you to have a reason to buy an iPad - if a phone can do it (hence why they split iOS and iPad os) everyone would just plug in their phone and use it as a 'desktop pc', which iPhones running the same silicon are more than capable of power wise, so iPhone will never have usbc IMO - or if it does, it will purely be to charge it ONLY, and perhaps a debug port, it will never allow you to transfer anything, maybe photos only, that's it.

ai, sounds reasonable.

Since the Apple Watch 6 isn't coming with a charger are people going to be expected to buy one now external to the product?

Soldato
Hmm, I don’t like the idea of fixed size, I hope the loop straps are still available.

The blue looks nice, red is just too red for me.

I've got to admit when they said it was fixed size I was a bit surprised myself. Think I'd need to try one before buying.

There is a print at home measurement tool on Apple.com for the Braided Loops: https://store.storeimages.cdn-apple...om/shop/Catalog/US/Images/bxxd/size-guide.pdf

I think the Red looks ok, it looks very similar shade to the original Product Red Sport Loop.

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime

Not sure about that. Going wireless without any sort of physical port is still a way away. And you can already do loads of things over the lightning connector. As a developer I still connect the iPhone to my mac to test apps on it. Wouldn't surprise me if they don't go USB-C this year but I think they might.

The brick?

The plug with a USB A port on it. You just get the cable with the little wireless puck on the end.

Soldato
The Watch SE looks good value imo, a good upgrade for my dad with a smashed Series 4 at least!

The Apple One plan also looks good value, my family already share iCloud storage and they have been looking at TV+ also. 30 split between 4/5 members of the family isn't too bad at all.

Soldato
Series 6 watch for me, blue, not sure about the solo band, my wrist changes size during the day depending what I do, plus are they worth that extra money???

Might eeek a bit more life from my 6s and put back getting the iPhone Se2020 rather than the small 12, as I want a new GPU shortly as well, October isn’t going to be a cheap month...

Associate
Was going to look at getting the iPad Pro 11inch (or maybe the 12.9inch) until I saw the iPad Air today.

However, is the 120Hz "ProMotion" in the iPad Pro worth extra money? I'll be mainly browsing, drawing in ProCreate and watching Netflix, etc.

Back
Top Bottom