*** Apple Event (new Apple Watches, iPads etc) 15th September at 18:00 UK ***

Soldato
They probably sold enough iPad pros and the next one to come out will probably be an iPad Pro to be better than the A14.

The GPU in the A12X may still be faster than the stock A14 but the pro will likely get at least an A14X type chip with a bigger GPU and clocked a bit faster. If it doesn’t get it by early November, it will be March at the earliest.

Soldato
Was going to look at getting the iPad Pro 11inch (or maybe the 12.9inch) until I saw the iPad Air today.

However, is the 120Hz "ProMotion" in the iPad Pro worth extra money? I'll be mainly browsing, drawing in ProCreate and watching Netflix, etc.

It will be noticeable for drawing and scrolling during browsing. Go to an Apple store and have a look.

Commissario
OP
Does anyone know what the point of sleep tracking on an Apple Watch is if it needs to charged overnight?
I’ve edited your post because there’s no such thing as an ‘Apple Watch’.

It doesn’t need charging overnight. Mine gets a charge when I’m in the shower in the morning and then I top it up for half an hour or so before I go to bed. It’s never gone flat on me.

Associate
It will be noticeable for drawing and scrolling during browsing. Go to an Apple store and have a look.

Yeah I'm gonna try and take a look in the coming weeks. I tried my local store the other week and because of Covid measures, the queue was insane annoyingly.

Associate
Strange prices of those new products...

Ipad air, 64GB is not enough. I'd rather get 128GB Ipad pro than 256GB ipad air. Especially that Amazon is often giving a discount. Almost £600 for base air model is way too high.

6SE (4 series) for £300??? Again, I'd rather look for discounts of 5 series which is better. I bought mine months ago for £370 brand new.

Soldato
Your right, I hadn’t realised the SE lacked the always on display, that’s a bit odd. It’s lacks the ECG from the S4 but with the S4 screen and ha the S5 SOC. it’s a bit of a mash of previous devices.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Was going to look at getting the iPad Pro 11inch (or maybe the 12.9inch) until I saw the iPad Air today.

However, is the 120Hz "ProMotion" in the iPad Pro worth extra money? I'll be mainly browsing, drawing in ProCreate and watching Netflix, etc.

You don't get faceID either in the air. Have to say I never want to go back to a fingerprint reader. Even with Covid limiting its use for payments I love it on my iPhone X and iPad pro.

Your right, I hadn’t realised the SE lacked the always on display, that’s a bit odd. It’s lacks the ECG from the S4 but with the S4 screen and ha the S5 SOC. it’s a bit of a mash of previous devices.

Thats what apple does with all their SE products. Offers really good performance and longevity for people who don't care about the latest and greatest features. The iPhone SE is the same.

Soldato
I dunno, I’m in agreement with the poster above the SE is a bad buy at the moment when S5 stock is still plentiful and most likely discounted to make way for the S6.

It’s almost as if the SE should have been a direct replacement for the series 3 but they couldn’t bring themselves round to it. Instead the SE feels too expensive and the series 3 is a bad buy these days.

It makes more sense to buy the S6 and to keep it for 3-4years. I have an S3 on my wrist right now, I got it on release but I would t recommend anyone buy it in 2020.

Associate
There is also 2% discount (watches, ipads) available from Edenred if you get that through your employer, 10% on accessories.

When are orders for the iPad Air expected to open?

Soldato
There is also 2% discount (watches, ipads) available from Edenred if you get that through your employer, 10% on accessories.

When are orders for the iPad Air expected to open?

No news on that. I expect they'll ship on iPhone announcement date so probably first week of October.

Soldato
I’ve edited your post because there’s no such thing as an ‘Apple Watch’.

It doesn’t need charging overnight. Mine gets a charge when I’m in the shower in the morning and then I top it up for half an hour or so before I go to bed. It’s never gone flat on me.

Hmm I would love one but charging it twice a day just seems cumbersome.

I am used to an amazfit bip which gets charged every few weeks and is always on my wrist otherwise :/ The features are poor and the software is flakey though.

Back
Top Bottom