*** Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G Thread***

Soldato
What delivery dates have you guys got? Mine is showing as the 18th which I hope happens as I go on holiday for a week on the 19th! The website shows shipping of the 21st when you order now.

Depends when you ordered. Early pre-orders will have it delivered early (15th Sep), that offer ended a few days ago.

Caporegime
Its pretty straight forward. Think of a tablet compared to a phone. Larger screen experiance....better for multitasking and the apps that are optimized for the fold look fantastic to use on the large inside screen. Big screen videos/gaming. Then if you want to switch back to a standard phone screen you have the outside screen.
I just can't see it.

I dunno why.
Maybe it's because Im not a tablet fan.

Its no good for watching TV, the black bars will be huge?
Most apps don't work well on it
The Outer screen is narrower than a normal phone.
It's super fat.

What apps etc genuinely benefit from a big square screen?

Soldato
I just can't see it.

I dunno why.
Maybe it's because Im not a tablet fan.

Its no good for watching TV, the black bars will be huge?
Most apps don't work well on it
The Outer screen is narrower than a normal phone.
It's super fat.

All totally valid points, I'm only buying because the screen folds. If you want more reasons than that, this phone might not be for you.

Soldato
Exactly. If your not into tablet sized screens then a phone that basically folds into a tablet isn't for you. To me every app benefits.. Bigger screen and more real estate. Even if many apps at the moment don't scale correctly its still a large screen.

Permabanned
OP
Nothing but my delivery date is currently the 18th.

I really hope it is the 18th as I go on holiday for a week on the 19th lol.

Associate

3D Game engines seem too, Office, email and browsing apps etc will work fine on it too, as will opening of multiple viewports of such things, I do this already on my Note 10+ but the screen isn't really big enough to be super useful beyond 2 apps.

Also most of the camera sensors aren't actually 16:9, that is just an option, so full pixel shots will hold up well.

There are generally a lot of benefits to a bigger screen but do agree this is by no means perfect, really it needs to be thinner in the hinge area and some how magically open up to around 10 inches, plus be water proof and support the pen.

Perhaps a future Fold Z will come out with an actual Z fold for big tablet madness (maybe why they choose Z name in the first place) but you need to go through the early stages before you can get to that point.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think it's great we have this innovation, but despite the hardware justifying the additional step up in price (components and R&D), I couldn't justify dropping that much money on a phone that comes with the typical Samsung shortfalls.

I.e. software updates (outside of security) being too slow to arrive, inconsistent camera performance especially software processing that takes all the detail out of portrait shots, excessive bundled software due to their tie up with Microsoft etc.

For me at this price, the phone has to be perfect.

Man of Honour
For me at this price, the phone has to be perfect.

Yeah :(

I do like how you can use it to sit the phone laptop style with one screen as the display and the other as buttons, etc. but there are still too many compromises and not enough that takes proper advantage of the full unfolded screen for me to even consider it at this price point.

Permabanned
Your new Galaxy Z Fold2 estimated delivery date is the 23rd of September. We thank you for your patience and apologise for the delay.

Back
Top Bottom