• Yes - 40mm non cellular

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Yes - 44mm non cellular

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 36 31.9%

• Total voters
Associate
Went all in on this release - Apple Watch Edition GPS + Cellular, 44mm Space Black Titanium Case + the space black link bracelet. Due 21st Sept.

Soldato
Our family all have Fitbit Versa watches and I’m struggling to see any benefit of spending more than double for an Apple Watch :confused:
The Versa 2 battery lasts for 5-6 days

Associate
I upgrade on every release so I've already ordered the S6 stainless steel 44mm in graphite, looking forward getting that. Gutted there is no space black though :(

Did anyone actually get a date that is before 24-28th? I'm hoping they will dispatch earlier.

Same delivery time and I ordered 18mins after they keynote.

Soldato
What’s the battery life in the S6 supposed to be like? I didn’t see any mention of that in the presentation apart from the usual “longer lasting battery” bumf.

Soldato
In 2 minds about the s6, have the cellular s4 and it does what i want, hiking and walking tracking, although I am curious to know my fitness level with the vo2 max - I'm curious about this as I dont think im very fit and I'm not getting any younger!

Caporegime
I want to change my vote, decided to get a Silver Nike+ with white sports band, 40mm GPS. The O2 readings will prove handy for me.

Delivery 18th Sept, got it through a work discount scheme for a bit of cash knocked off :)

Soldato
Why is the oxygen in blood thing such a big deal? Is this a reading that's expected to change regularly? My GP takes mine a few times a year and it's always pretty much the same

Commissario
OP
Your blood oxygen level measures how much oxygen your red blood cells are carrying. These measurements are especially important for people with chronic conditions like asthma, heart disease and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.

You don't really want it going down and not know about it.

This is worth a read.

I love all these health things that are being added. When I fell over and destroyed my shoulder, my watch told me I'd had a fall and should it contact the emergency services. Like a typical Man, I struggled to hit the "I'm fine" button before realising that actually I wasn't fine and I really needed some help. If I find myself in a similar situation, I'll happily let it call 999 by itself.

Soldato
42mm S3 here, only 6 months old but got the S3 to see how I got along with the Apple Watch as a device (cheapest way in at the time), knowing the S5 would be being replaced this year, not sure if I'm going to go 40mm or 44mm though..
Be interesting to know how good the o2 and ECG are though, see if it points to sleep apnea or not.

Associate
I’m tempted and have been waiting to jump ship from my Fitbit Ionic which I’ve had a couple of years now. Does anyone know if the S5 or S6 will be offered via Vitality again? I almost went down this route earlier in the year but Vitality suddenly stopped the offer in Feb 2020. Having just looked at Vitality again, it now says something about the recent launch event pausing orders (rather than stopping the deal completely).

Soldato
Got a S3 42mm two years back through work on the basis that the insurance would pay for some of it with the fitness I was doing. In reality, I only ever worn it to get the points for the discount. Outside of work and fitness it sat on my bedside table hardly charged.

So I've placed an order for a S6 44m in blue!

Back
Top Bottom