• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD RX 6000 Cooler Reveal

Soldato
I'm fine with it tbh, I don't care. However, if that design was mine:

1. Replace the red trim and Radeon Logo's with programmable RGB that you can change to your own colour (default it to red obviously for those that don't care).
  2. Remove the "R"'s of the centre of the fans, they look cheap and tacky like a 1980's toy. Replace them with chromed or brushed aluminmum inserts or soemthing.
  3. Ensure that the silver plastic that is below and aroudn the fans is more a once again, gun mental, or brushed effect, just someting that has a little class about it...
  4. And this si the big one for me... the lines of the card where the silver is... it's like angles that seem like it's just been stuck together... would look nicer with sweeps OR just a simple straight line to go two tone grey and black...
However, really even though I've made points, I really don't care, BUT they could've made that look better is all I'd say... kinda looks cheap... BUT if the performance is biblical, it'll be in my PC stripped and WC'd.

Soldato
Even if he is the millions of views his videos get each week, 6.3m last week, is a powerful marketing tool. AMD could do with a few 'influencers' like him.

Do you really think someone with a channel as large needs to have a bias or are you just projecting?
Ummmm, his channel content is all the evidence we've needed over the years of the obvious bias. If he stops salivating over everything Nvidia does and instead shows them in bad light, then the products Nvidia ship and income he'd receive from views and sponsorships would obviously take a hit.

I don't think Jayz2Cents is purposefully shilling. He is clearly biased(we all are to some extent) and it feels like he has this man crush on Jensen "The jacket" Huang without even knowing it. It's very clear to me that he has a lot of faith in Nvidia and it requires a lot more for him to scrutinize them compare to their competition.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of him, as he seems clueless/incompetent half the time.

Caporegime
Even if he is the millions of views his videos get each week, 6.3m last week, is a powerful marketing tool. AMD could do with a few 'influencers' like him.

Do you really think someone with a channel as large needs to have a bias or are you just projecting?
All AMD have to do is make a good card, if he is an Nvidia shill his content around AMD's GPU's will look out of line with the rest of the Internet, what we as consumers have to do is call him out for his BS, gradually the trust his audience have in him will erode.

He wouldn't dare say Ryzen is junk, his audience will turn on him, if AMD make good GPU's he will have to resort to strawmaning and at that point his own fans will tell him, hang on Jay you're not being reasonable here...

Soldato
The cooler looks much better than the previous efforts, it's not perfect, it is a copy of the 2 series FE and I don't like the red trim but as I'm not 12 it'll get put in a case without a nasty window and I won't see it again until I sell it. If it's quiet and cools well then job done.

I will admit to watching JayZ regularly along with Gamers Nexus, DF and Optimal Tech, are there any others anyone could recommend? I've kind of rinsed there content now and could do with some new tubers to watch.

Caporegime
Jay is one of the biggest Nvidiot shills our there. No surprise at all, he's a muppet that knows very little about the real finer details of hardware yet he's built up a huge following by knocking most things AMD do whilst faaping over whatever Nvidia do good or bad so he has to continue that winning formula. He's an absolute tool.

Hmmmm

https://youtu.be/WDrpsv0QIR0?t=909

Caporegime
The cooler looks much better than the previous efforts, it's not perfect, it is a copy of the 2 series FE and I don't like the red trim but as I'm not 12 it'll get put in a case without a nasty window and I won't see it again until I sell it. If it's quiet and cools well then job done.

I will admit to watching JayZ regularly along with Gamers Nexus, DF and Optimal Tech, are there any others anyone could recommend? I've kind of rinsed there content now and could do with some new tubers to watch.

Hardware Unboxed.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI8iQa1hv7oV_Z8D35vVuSg

Soldato
Thing about JayZ is he's a bit of a nob. He was very rude to me on Twitter when I was giving him advice about learning guitar. He answered my suggestion of start on electric rather than acoustic for ease with "NO" then when I asked why he accused me of being rude to him. That caused an argument amongst his followers one sick of him being rude constantly to his fans and un subbed him. I still follow him but he's definitely a said nob, but I digress :p and definitely an Nvidia guy.

Back
Top Bottom