The Fashion Thread... personal tastes, musings, and recommendations

Associate
This might be a silly question but is there an official list where they're distinguished between?
Yes, their website: https://www.levi.com/GB/en_GB/store-finder/store-directory. The cheap ones (cheap is relative) are the "Factory Outlet' labelled stores.

I've bought my last 3 pairs of Levis that way, and saved 35-60%. It's difficult if you want anything other than 501s: I suit Levi 514 and those are rare to find in the outlet stores.

Caporegime
OP
Superdry, love them or hate them (luckily in my country they don't have a chav reputation because there are no chavs :D), are finally, since I last looked at them anyway, starting to release some very sharp looking and well fitting stuff that do not look gimmicky and actually have enough space under the armpits to be practical and allow some mild layering. I just bought the following cotton jackets:

1. Rookie Classic Pocket Jacket in green (thinner, more of a spring/autumn jacket) https://www.superdry.com/mens/jackets/details/150901/rookie-classic-pocket-jacket-khaki

2. Classic Rookie Pocket Jacket in black (thicker and padded with fleece lining) https://www.superdry.com/mens/jackets/details/156109/classic-rookie-pocket-jacket--black

3. I also bought a Rookie Military jacket in black which has a very muted design with no orange bits but it's no longer on the site so must have sold out.

There is also a Rookie Military Jacket in green that looks very cool and understated https://www.superdry.com/mens/jackets/details/73560/rookie-military-jacket-green

For jackets 1 and 2, when I received them I immediately took a dark green and a black permanent marker pen and went over the bright orange detailing-stitching on the jackets (but not the arm flag label) with the relevant colour. This had the desired effect of almost completely muting the bright orange to the point where you barely even notice it. Job done.

• Jacket 1 looks insanely cool and fits like a glove with enough room for a jumper and looks perfect with any colour jeans and trainers. I will be wearing it a lot.
  • Jacket 2 fits well but is twice as thick so I will save it for Winter.
  • Jacket 3 I have yet to receive but looks like something inbetween jacket 1 and 2 in terms of thickness while still being sharp and slim fitting.

Clearly as they are cotton they are not going to be waterproof or even water resistant so I will also get some wax spray and give them a good once over to add some water resistance. Something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nikwax-Uni...GZB78N&refRID=KV1CXH7WXJWJPMGZB78N&th=1&psc=1

Very happy with them so far in terms of look and fit and they seem well put together so should last ages. :)

daz

daz

Soldato
Been ordering T-shirts and other bits from www.spoke-london.com lately. Bit more expensive than regular high street stuff, but really good fit wise because you can customise various aspects of the fit, e.g. if you are tall and skinny or if you have short legs but a long body etc, they have something like 50 sizes instead of just S/M/L/XL. And the quality is excellent.

Soldato
For some reason I thought Slaters were a UK company but seems just to operate up here. It's a bit like Moss Bros I guess?

I think I'll step out of this conversation now haha!

Soldato
For some reason I thought Slaters were a UK company but seems just to operate up here. It's a bit like Moss Bros I guess?

I think I'll step out of this conversation now haha!

Yes, there are quite a few down here. Certainly one in Preston and Manchester.

I find they seem to fit a decent middle ground for suits etc between Next/M&S and the higher end. Having free on-site adjustments is a nice touch, even if they're not the best.

Soldato
Thought I would post this here rather than start a new thread but does anyone recognise this logo? Apologies its so small

Capture.png

Permabanned
QcMwaQc.jpg

Heads up for you guys, Lidl have faux fur-lined digital camo crocs for just £4.99 in the middle aisle this week. Just in time for the cold months ahead! Kurt Geiger box unrelated.

Soldato
I think I'm going to be asked to return back to the office on a "blended" basis in the coming weeks, so I'm starting to think about footwear... Up until now I've been wearing my hiking boots for the 45 minute walk to the office every day, which wasn't pretty but man was it comfy :p I got away with it because the general public weren't allowed in, but I am going to need to start dressing a little more smart in the near future.

Our dress code is smart casual, so I'll usually be wearing grey trousers, shirt, maybe a jumper when it's cold. I want some smart shoes to wear, but every smart shoe I've worn in the past has become so damn uncomfortable after a full day on them, let alone after a 45 min walk there and back.

I have barely any fashion sense whatsoever - I stick to Converse, Vans, and maybe a cheap trainer from Tesco that looks like Converse :p So I need some help - Any specific brands to look out for? I'm wondering if there's a decent boot-style smart shoe that would work well

Back
Top Bottom