AirPods (and AirPods Pro [and AirPods Pro 2nd generation]) now available

Associate
Is it normal for noise cancellation to feel slightly uncomfortable if nothing is playing?

Feels like someone is pressing their fingers in my lugholes.

yes. I also don't particularly like that feeling and can't wear it for long time. Although I tried it with the sony in ear buds and not the apple airpod pro. They are meant to have a mechanism to release the pressure when you initially put them on and generally feedback from it has been positive.

Associate
okay i want a set and the only thing between them is the standard legs look too long i like the length of the pro legs but i don't need the anc of the pros, any help one way or another ?
Thanks

Commissario
When you’re using them, you can’t tell how long they are, they have no feelable physical presence. Also, when you’re using them, you can’t see them either so the length is irrelevant.

If you don’t need or want the anc, go with the non Pro versions.

Soldato
Can't comment on the standard ones, as I gave the set I got away. However, on the Pro, you can barely tell they're there. Snug on the ear channel, but that's it. I guess it's dependant on what fit you're after and whether you want ANC, as Feek says. :)

Couldn't recommend them enough though. Really have converted me to wireless headphones with their good sound and the ability to seamlessly move between my MBP and iPhone.

Associate
just got a price match from JL against **** but get the 2 years warranty with JL

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
Have the XM3 in ear from Sony but going to get a pair of these now they have auto switching. I have two MBP’s and an iPad Pro that are all used for work and have Slack on all 3, depending on what I’m sharing means I often make calls between all three, so to have the Air Pods automatically switch makes my life so much easier rather than manually having to switch the headset between devices

Soldato
The left airpod of my missus's airpod pros has stopped charging and when its in the case it just keeps flashing up on her phone going from 1/2/3% then disappearing again. Tried to clean out the case and the airpod itself to ensure its not a contact issue. Contacted Apple who suggested taking it into a store but no appointments near me other than one at 11am on a Thursday in central london (I live out in Kent)
Fully reset the airpods and the phone also!

Anyone got any other suggestions?

Soldato
The left airpod of my missus's airpod pros has stopped charging and when its in the case it just keeps flashing up on her phone going from 1/2/3% then disappearing again. Tried to clean out the case and the airpod itself to ensure its not a contact issue. Contacted Apple who suggested taking it into a store but no appointments near me other than one at 11am on a Thursday in central london (I live out in Kent)
Fully reset the airpods and the phone also!

Anyone got any other suggestions?

If they are pro’s It must be in warranty - call apple care back and ask for a DIY repair.

they place a £79 hold on a card incase you don’t return the old one but you get a replacement within 48 hours usually

Soldato
I have a set on INAIRS on my old UE900's. I haven't tried them on the AirPods Pro, so not sure if/how well they fit. I can say that you get incredible isolation with them though.

Back
Top Bottom