New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Associate
The UW 34" Gigabyte G34WQC for £400 sounds more interesting but I can't decide between these 2 as I never owned a large UW monitor.any thoughts? (gaming only)

Associate
Well it has arrived today... so far.. it's ok.. seems like Dell are ******* morons when it comes to designing the backface, buttons are retarded positions (do these retards know that many people mount displays next to each, so how in the **** am I meant to put my hand behind it to mess around with stupid buttons on the back? when there is a adjacent monitor next to it.

.. the worst.. VESA mount is embedded so you can't even ******* hook the VESA mounting plate onto the standing arm after its screwed into the monitor, I mean I got it mounted but only by the end.. its not exactly securely fitted.. because it is impossible due to the retarded bit of plastic sticking out at the bottom preventing you from getting enough room to mount the arm... ***** idiots.

built in power, sure it will heat up like a furnace, and short cables.

on the plus side they did bundle a USB cable... the shortest length you can get..money well spent not.

No dead pixels... thank fuq for that.

Still think my £200 Element Gaming 144hz 1440p monitor was a better deal aside from the ****** 1 warranty and it breaking after a year.. maybe this dell can last longer.

This is why I'm happy I don't deal with customers these days. This is all clear in the photo's. Yes the mount is embedded, yes the buttons on the back, yes the power is built in. You do not even need to read specs or descriptions you can just look at the product photos. :rolleyes:

Soldato
I'm having a slight problem in that when I cold boot and login to Windows 10, some of the text looks a bit blurry. On looking closer it looks like some of the letters have a yellow tint. It's easily resolved by turning off and on the display but it's getting annoying. Any suggestions?

ekGVlyX.jpg

Associate
This is why I'm happy I don't deal with customers these days. This is all clear in the photo's. Yes the mount is embedded, yes the buttons on the back, yes the power is built in. You do not even need to read specs or descriptions you can just look at the product photos. :rolleyes:
I'm glad someone else see's this.

All of the posters own doing due to lack of research.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I'm having a slight problem in that when I cold boot and login to Windows 10, some of the text looks a bit blurry. On looking closer it looks like some of the letters have a yellow tint. It's easily resolved by turning off and on the display but it's getting annoying. Any suggestions?

ekGVlyX.jpg

That looks like chroma subsampling. Are you trying to run 165hz with 10bit?

Associate

EDIT: Ignore me, LiE sounds like he knows what he's talking about.

Associate
I know,but still,the size is significantly larger + + curved it will be much more immersive than 27 inch IPS dell,£330 vs £400..still,I’m undecided and it seems dell discount will expire soon!

Don't rush it. Dell have these 'sales' and discount code popping up all the time.

Soldato
Got mine on Monday, loving it for my gaming PC, also enjoying the extra real estate for work, however i am connecting to the work laptop via a Display port to HDMI cable and i get the occasional screen flicker (goes black then comes back), any thoughts on what could be causing this and how to solve this? I have already tried connecting directly from the laptop DP to Monitor DP and that didnt even work, also not the desired solution as i want the DP to DP connection to be between screen and gaming PC.

Associate
I have the same setup. Laptop to monitor via a DP to HDMI cable, then my PC is DP to DP.

I can't say in the 24 hours I've had it that I've noticed any flickering with the laptop connected. Windows on the laptop is only outputting at 59Hz though and I can't go any higher and not sure why.

Soldato
I have turned mine down to 59hz from 60hz. Havent had a flicker in the last 15 mins so we shall see if thats the issue.

Associate
I have turned mine down to 59hz from 60hz. Havent had a flicker in the last 15 mins so we shall see if thats the issue.

I'll turn mine up to 60 and see what happens and report back

edit - fine for the 30 mins so far

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom