• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
Ah shame. I guess no chance of me buying from here now then. Was thinking I may go Zotac if it is in stock at £649, but that is off the table now.

Gibbo does love the price gauging. Stock is likely not enough to satisfy initial demand, he did his number crunching and knows they will sell at the higher price regardless so gouge mode engaged! :p

Exactly.

And if Nvidia fail to deliver and stock runs out in a few minutes during the F5 frenzy, then I won't bother at all until November and see what's what then.

Just this, it's not like the only release this year, whether it's Nvidia, The AIBs or the retailers gouging just wait for AMD simple, there will be lots of cards on the market and if the AMD is anywhere near the performance of the 3080 watch the price of the 3080 drop again, unless your desperate I'd wait it out.

Soldato
I’m glad I had have no interest in an AIB card. Only ever had bad cards that die early. Whereas all the reference ones are still a live.

Launch week gtx 580 still rocking, as well as the 470 I gave a friend.

Caporegime
Can someone please explain to me why Custom cards are £150 more ? My understanding is all the Nvidia Chips are the same across the board and the only thing different is the heatsinks used on the custom cards and some RGB lights or have I got that Wrong ?

Founders edition is £650 ! How can you charge £150 200 more for some lights ? I'm confused.

Its worse than that. Nvidia said their cooler cost $150 so their boards are really less then £550 without the cooler. So some AIBs are charging you £250-£300 more for their cooler and rgb lights.

Associate
From what I am reading the founders edition runs at 65c on FULL LOAD , if thats the case its pointless buying custom cards at such a high prices , I must admit I normally buy MSI Brand but I am not paying £829 for Graphics card that I can buy from NVIDIA direct for £650.00 that will run at the same speeds in my system as custom card.

Associate
Ill put money on they only just got this stock and confirmed prices,.

I reckon anything that has gone up this week they will have stock tomorrow. Anything that hasnt changed in price, they wont have stock.

Yeah maybe but didn't he say he had stock over a week ago so if that's the case doesn't make sense because every card has gone up from what I can see.

No doubt they will sell but I'm out now and will wait for AMD, sometimes you just have to say enough is enough and with another release from another manufacturer this year will shake it up a bit.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just this, it's not like the only release this year, whether it's Nvidia, The AIBs or the retailers gouging just wait for AMD simple, there will be lots of cards on the market and if the AMD is anywhere near the performance of the 3080 watch the price of the 3080 drop again, unless your desperate I'd wait it out.
Do you see the graphics card in my sig? :p

Would not say I am desperate, but I do fancy getting one soon. As I say though, if no one wants top take my £649 and deliver soon, then I might as well wait until November as that is when I truly will be desperate to upgrade for Cyberpunk 2077 :p

Associate
I think I'll hold onto the 1080ti until the flying pigs land, was an evga FE slapped a titan water block on it and hasn't skipped a beat, just finished redoing game room and sectioned off a 65 inch for sim racing/flying, but as with all good things come to those who wait

Associate
From what I am reading the founders edition runs at 65c on FULL LOAD , if thats the case its pointless buying custom cards at such a high prices , I must admit I normally buy MSI Brand but I am not paying £829 for Graphics card that I can buy from NVIDIA direct for £650.00 that will run at the same speeds in my system as custom card.
Same i was set on the trio x gaming card i had a feeling it would jump in price from £750 though with the 1815 boost clock speeds.

Associate
very true im a little baffled by the "exhaust fan" on the FE though blowing hot air into the case might need to rework some stuff in the case make sure i can get rid of that hot air quickly
It's gonna make hardly any difference. Where do you think all the hot air vented out the sides of the current AIBs go?

Associate
Do you see the graphics card in my sig? :p

Would not say I am desperate, but I do fancy getting one soon. As I say though, if no one wants top take my £649 and deliver soon, then I might as well wait until November as that is when I truly will be desperate to upgrade for Cyberpunk 2077 :p

I can't see the sig I'll take a look lol but yeah it was only 4k for me and cyberpunk because I'm not sure how it's going to run on a 1080ti, I suspect pretty decent at a lower resolution but yeah I'm off the wagon unless benches are better than rumoured in which case FE all the way.

Soldato
Reviews out later today? I expect it's going to be a story of: Brilliant performance, but user experience tempered by high power and heat. Prices look reasonable, but only against the unreasonably high 2000 series. Nvidia power efficiency improvements aren't enough, anyone can get high performance for high power, progress needs to come from more efficient architecture and silicon, not better coolers!

AMD have a great chance here, not to match the 3090 (which is irrelevantly expensive for almost everyone), but to be competitive with the 3080 at something like 220-250W and slightly cheaper.

Caporegime
Indeed, 2nd most expensive retailer for pc components.

giphy-downsized.gif

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I can't see the sig I'll take a look lol but yeah it was only 4k for me and cyberpunk because I'm not sure how it's going to run on a 1080ti, I suspect pretty decent at a lower resolution but yeah I'm off the wagon unless benches are better than rumoured in which case FE all the way.
Probably because you have them disabled in your user settings.

Back
Top Bottom