What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Star Wars Ep9 - Rise of Skywalker

Absolute garbage, what a mess of a story this trilogy became. This film was so bad at times it almost becomes comedic, almost. Disney has effectively killed Star Wars as a blockbuster franchise. These films are so much worse than the prequel trilogy.

Remember when we all thought it couldn't get any worse than The Last Jedi :D

Caporegime
Am I the only person in the world that enjoyed the sequels?

I thought 7 was excellent, 8 was a masterpiece, and 9 was okay but disappointing after TLJ was so very good. Overall they did pretty well with audiences, especially 7 and 8, and they all box-officed over a billion. So, no, you weren't the only person in the world; they're actually pretty widely liked movies, but they attract an enormous amount of "fan" hate.

Soldato
Just watched Porkys for the first time in years.

If you ignore the out of date racism remarks which probably wouldn’t be allowed anymore. It’s actually held up superbly and it’s still very very funny.
I recommended this to a colleague a few years ago having at the time recently watched it. So he bought the DVD for a couple of quid and said he and his wife didn't laugh once. Bloody millennials, humourless so and so's.

Permabanned
Just seen Zulu in HD, Puts to shame a lot of modern cinema the 4k is going to blow actual minds. The camerawork is incredible its so static and smooth. Someone on here said about the cut cut cut camerawork these days and spot on fella.

Its shameful what is accepted these days, CGI cartoons also like Avengers are idealized and here is a film with no computers and you gotta wonder what happened to the film schools since then?

Soldato
The Gentleman

2019 Guy Ritchie

Much enjoyed this Movie

Casting was exceptional great performances but Matthew McConaughey, Hugh Grant & Colin Farrell
Charlie Hunamm (who I have not seen since Sons Of Anarchy) was also really good.

This is a movie I look forward to watching again 9/10

Truly was Guy Ritchie back on form loved that one also, one of the stand out recent films to me.

Man of Honour
I thought 7 was excellent, 8 was a masterpiece, and 9 was okay but disappointing after TLJ was so very good. Overall they did pretty well with audiences, especially 7 and 8, and they all box-officed over a billion. So, no, you weren't the only person in the world; they're actually pretty widely liked movies, but they attract an enormous amount of "fan" hate.
Pretty much feel the same. TLJ was by far the best of the 3.

I also don’t hold the original series in particularly high regard.... there is only one which is actually really, really good (ESB). The very first is good and ROTJ is watchable at best.

Soldato
Pretty much feel the same. TLJ was by far the best of the 3.
I also don’t hold the original series in particularly high regard.... there is only one which is actually really, really good (ESB). The very first is good and ROTJ is watchable at best.

It was guff, non-canon guff, it might have been a decent enough film on its own, with stunning visuals, but it simply wasn't a star wars movie within the set universe. It wasn't even close.
That's what makes it the worst of the films.

Caporegime
Venom

Another fun Marvel supers film. Introduction was overly long, but otherwise it clipped along at a decent pace. Funny in places too. But I doubt I'll remember it in six months time, these are excellently produced popcorn movies.

Watchable and forgettable 8/10

Man of Honour
It was guff, non-canon guff, it might have been a decent enough film on its own, with stunning visuals, but it simply wasn't a star wars movie within the set universe. It wasn't even close.
That's what makes it the worst of the films.
If you perpetually judge it (or anything!) against your preconceived notion of what it should be, you’re going to have a bad time.

You’ll have so much more fun if you take it for what it actually is.

Caporegime
Venom

Another fun Marvel supers film. Introduction was overly long, but otherwise it clipped along at a decent pace. Funny in places too. But I doubt I'll remember it in six months time, these are excellently produced popcorn movies.

Watchable and forgettable 8/10

Not really anything to do with Marvel (or the MCU)

Sony Studios using a Marvel character (as Sony still own the rights to Spider-man and his friends/enemies)

Caporegime
Not really anything to do with Marvel (or the MCU)

It has a Marvel logo playing during the opening credits, and uses Marvel characters so, yeah, quite a bit to do with Marvel :)

Although I wasn't paying much attention and had forgotten it was from a different studio. It doesn't really change my views, but I would have expressed surprise at it being good if I'd realised it was from Sony.

Soldato
I recommended this to a colleague a few years ago having at the time recently watched it. So he bought the DVD for a couple of quid and said he and his wife didn't laugh once. Bloody millennials, humourless so and so's.

An ex took me to her sisters and husband for dinner and asked me to bring a movie (Blockbuster days!) Last minute Saturday night, not much choice, but i grabbed this:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111127/

I'd seen it before and there were a few funny moments, but definitely background movie so we could chat etc. There is also an hilarious scene with a dog (at least in my youth it was hilarious).

However, everyone decided just to watch the movie, not talk, from beginning to end with not one single laugh - longest, most awkward movie ever seen as i had chosen it :(

Man of Honour
The Dark (2018) on Prime.

I enjoyed this, its kind of a zombie flick, with a difference, or a dark fairy tale, or a tale of redemption. Cant say too much without spoiling it. Enjoyed it though and its one of those movies which left me analysing it and wondering about it.

7/10

I was left wondering if she really was a zombie who returned to living humanity or whether she never actually died, survived the brutal attack and was overcome with dark revenge and survived wild in the woods and slowly healed her terrible injuries over time

Back
Top Bottom