• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Associate
Exceptionally stupid question BUT, I have a Corsair Carbide Air 540 Cube case with a 320mm Max GPU length. Though the Zotac is a couple of mm's shorter at 317mm, I'm wondering if there are any negatives to such a snug fit in terms of performance and thermals etc.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Associate
Sad to hear about the price gouging. I was on a lock to buy from Overclockers but definitely not now. I'm sure the cards have been paid for already so why would the £ changing increase the price on the website?

UEX

UEX

Associate
For all the moaners on here complaining about prices going up...its a business, suck it up, there is absolutely no reason they shouldnt price to demand, it could even be the AIB's shifting the price. The FE will be 649 on nvidias site tomorrow whether or not you can get one. If you want to pay a premium, then you may well get an AIB more easily.

No one, im gonna repeat this NO ONE, is FORCING you to buy one of these tomorrow. If you are on a 10 or 20 series you are still able to play games just as well as you did before on really very high end gear that wont be obsolete for YEARS. If you aren't on 10 or 20 series just frigging buy one 1080tis are down near 250 quid which is insane for the performance you get, my 1080ti still basically maxes games at 1440 UWD. 2080tis are being panic sold with rumours they will drop under 400 used which again is INSANE. Because the 3070 is 450 or more and supposedly "matches the 2080ti" which it really wont because of the vast gulf in vram.

So right now you can buy a £250 card that, albeit without RTX, is fully next gen ready. You can buy a 3070 right now for about 400 (by buying a used 2080ti). Or you can just try for an FE casually.

And if you really want to have an AIB tomorrow then just suck it up and buy one at a premium. The way these prices are looking i may end up going for a few cards and sell the extras if i get any because the market is mental, pre orders on the auction site over 1k on 3080s. People really need to take a look in the mirror. Im excited too and i dont want to belittle that, but this is a £700 graphics card upgrade that would have been considered "only for the rich kids" 5 or more years ago. Yall lost perspective

Associate
To be fair, other retailers didn't release any pricing at all, so can't be accused of gouging and the original post does say prices aren't final...With Aorus cards and ASUS cards almost going up in tandem, is it OCUK's pricing? Or do Gigabyte and ASUS want to be level, so matched the pricing?

Associate
Why? I must admit I don't understand paying a premium of £200 nearly over OEM for hardly anything over an FE card.
Demand must be high or expected to be :)

Can't speak for the other guy but for me I'm on a 1070, I built my system in 2016 and purchased a 1440p 144hz monitor alongside it and it's been a good card.

However over the past 18 months as games have become more demanding I've had to lower the in-game settings to play at a decent framerate. CoD Warzone I wasn't expecting to like, but I love it and it doesn't play particularly well. I've been enjoying Flight Simulator but the settings I'm having to run with are making me sad.

I'm excited for new releases coming out and there's definitely an element of FOMO, I want to be playing with a new card ideally this month and I'll pay whatever premium I have to as I have a decent job, don't have many vices outside of gaming and an extra £200 isn't a big deal when I'll likely get 2 years out of this card or even 4 years if my current system value is anything to judge.

The above isn't justifying that it's a smart play, it's not, but at this point I'm just so on edge and ready to get one of the new cards I'll pretty much buy any which are available tomorrow even if it ends up being an £850+ one.

Caporegime
there is absolutely no reason they shouldnt price to demand

Not sure that's been the case here, I think demand has actually dropped off slightly from the hype just after nVidia's presentation of the cards. The figures shown have been pulled apart a little, we've gone from people expecting the 3080 to be around 80% better than a 2080ti to more conservative estimates of 30-50% outside of ray tracing and DLSS situations.

Associate
People calling gauging when they're not even live yet and unable to compare with RRP or other etailers. Come on guys and girls, you can be better than that.

It can be price gouging by the board partner or retailer. We know the price of the FE version, that's my benchmark.

Associate
It can be price gouging by the board partner or retailer. We know the price of the FE version, that's my benchmark.

Not to mention it's already been stated the FE cooler costs 150 to make apparently so it doesn't sit, it's the same old crap about demand, how about seeing it as Nvidia is not making enough because they decided to go with Samsung instead for the sake of a few dollars per chip, arse bitten springs to mind.

Back
Top Bottom