• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I've already told myself that I'll buy the ps5 as soon as the disk based version drops below £400. I doubt that'll be at launch.
I've opted for opposite buying disc version at launch regardless.

Mrs has been warned potentially few deliveries come November ha!

To yourself and others what would the cost have to be to go digital?

For me would need to least be sub £300 which I can't see happening

Associate
If they don't produce a price it will make me assume the worst - why wouldn't you announce it if you're competitive? Having said that, I'll buy it anyway as I'm a slave to the latest technology.

There's a lot floating around about chip yields for PS5 at the moment, and I wonder if that could be putting pressure on Sony as they will have based their forecast profit projections on a set number of machines being in the wild at any given point, and if they can't manage that then it could have quite a substantial effect on their bottom line.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I've opted for opposite buying disc version at launch regardless.

Mrs has been warned potentially few deliveries come November ha!

To yourself and others what would the cost have to be to go digital?

For me would need to least be sub £300 which I can't see happening

Would have to be given to me for near enough free as I ain't paying £60+ for games to be able to play them on launch. I pre-ordered Final Fantasy 7 Remake at a good price, had it for over a month, completed it and sold it on ebay and pretty much broke even as I recall.

Soldato
Just curious, if Sony don't announce a price tonight, will it put anyone off buying one?
It won't put me off but I'd be disappointed as I can't see any reason why they can't confirm a price and release date at this stage.

There direct competitor as announced all that, Sony from a marketing point of view need to hit back.

As an added bonus I'd like Sony to confirm what games will actually be with the consol on launch

Soldato
It won't put me off but I'd be disappointed as I can't see any reason why they can't confirm a price and release date at this stage.

There direct competitor as announced all that, Sony from a marketing point of view need to hit back.

As an added bonus I'd like Sony to confirm what games will actually be with the consol on launch

This! We don't even know when or what will be available at launch, or even where we stand on the BC side of things. I'm all for getting a new console, but I need a good reason to get one first.

Soldato
One would hope that tonight is the night they announce the price. Although, it wouldn’t put me off if they didn’t..I’m still pre ordering the disc less ps5 (I’ve invested a fair bit into psn. So it’s my console of choice.)

Soldato
Surely Sony have to announce pricing tonight? Xbox pre-orders open in 6 days, I can't imagine they're stupid enough to wait until after that to announce their pricing.

Yeah I would think so. MS were obviously looking pretty silly themselves for a while by not acknowledging the existence of the Series S despite it being outed by their own hardware packaging, but Sony really need to provide all the info now. MS have used the time between Sony's reveals and info drops to their advantage so hopefully the presentation tonight will answer a lot of questions.

If the ps5 pre orders go up tonight, any of you guys gonna go for it ?

Yep, probably. I've been putting £50 aside each month since earlier this year plus I have £100 credit on Amazon I've been keeping, so I should be able to pre-order the Blu-ray one and get a few games with that.

Soldato
If the ps5 pre orders go up tonight, any of you guys gonna go for it ?

I'm undecided. It will depend a bit on what the launch lineup looks like. At the moment it seems like I'd be buying one for Cyberpunk 2077 (which I'd rather play on PC tbh), AC: Valhalla and CoD Black Ops: Cold War, any maybe Ratchet & Clank if that makes launch. Hopefully they clarify the launch lineup a bit at tonight's event, because it's looking pretty sparse at the moment. It'll either be PS5 or nothing, there seems little point getting an Xbox when I can play their games on Gamepass on my PC.

Back
Top Bottom