• Yes - 40mm non cellular

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Yes - 44mm non cellular

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 36 31.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
I like the idea of sleep tracking built into the OS, I'll dump Autosleep.

Should have been there from the start, having come from a SteelHR, I miss that being baked in, and the lack of battery life obviously..

I've got the bundle from them, Autosleep, Autowake and HeartMap, hopefully, whats in WatchOS will replace all 3 as they've not been quite right of late, probably Apple changing things in the OS to break things so that people dont like the 3rd party alternatives, not that I'm suggesting Apple would do such a thing...

Soldato
Just out of interest on the size front, given the 6 has a larger display than the 3 I have currently, I wonder if going for the 40mm rather than the 44mm would be a huge real world difference...

Soldato
Should have been there from the start, having come from a SteelHR, I miss that being baked in, and the lack of battery life obviously..

I've got the bundle from them, Autosleep, Autowake and HeartMap, hopefully, whats in WatchOS will replace all 3 as they've not been quite right of late, probably Apple changing things in the OS to break things so that people dont like the 3rd party alternatives, not that I'm suggesting Apple would do such a thing...

I read that iOS sleep tracking isn't anywhere near as detailed as Autosleep, etc.

Soldato
I read that iOS sleep tracking isn't anywhere near as detailed as Autosleep, etc.

We'll have to see then, I keep having issues with the app saying alarms arent set and the watch not talking to the app on the phone and stuff like that, seemed to work fine for months, then there were a few watch updates that broken it, unless the consiracy part of my heads just blaming Apple lol

Commissario
OP
I removed Autosleep from my watch last night and used the iOS sleep tracking. It updates to Health which then syncs out to Autosleep and comparing the previous two nights, Autosleep seems to be displaying everything it normally does.
It's not displayed in as much detail in the Health app but the metrics do seem to be there and have transferred over to the Autosleep app on my phone.

Soldato
I removed Autosleep from my watch last night and used the iOS sleep tracking. It updates to Health which then syncs out to Autosleep and comparing the previous two nights, Autosleep seems to be displaying everything it normally does.
It's not displayed in as much detail in the Health app but the metrics do seem to be there and have transferred over to the Autosleep app on my phone.

Take it your on the insider preview stuff then.
When's it actually dropping for the rest of us mear mortals?

Associate
Take it your on the insider preview stuff then.
When's it actually dropping for the rest of us mear mortals?

It should be out at 6pm, but you can just grab the beta profiles and it will grab the GM version from Apple that you will get later anyway. Much better than downloading with overloaded servers. Already done 2x iPhones, 2x Apple Watches and an iPad and all installed flawlessly.

The UI on Watch OS7 is now ridiculously fast on the Series 5, animations are way faster.

Hmm, not showing up here, I am in France tho, not sure if that makes any odds..

Not out officially yet, but in France that may be out at 7pm.

Associate
I hope that Apple add the "smart alarm" feature of AutoSleep. I really like that window where if you are sleeping lightly it will wake you up before your alarm. Seems to really make a different to how I feel during the day.

Soldato
It should be out at 6pm, but you can just grab the beta profiles and it will grab the GM version from Apple that you will get later anyway. Much better than downloading with overloaded servers. Already done 2x iPhones, 2x Apple Watches and an iPad and all installed flawlessly.

The UI on Watch OS7 is now ridiculously fast on the Series 5, animations are way faster.

Not out officially yet, but in France that may be out at 7pm.
Yeah loving how fast my series 4 feels on WatchOS 7.

Caporegime
I know they're quoting similar battery as the 5, but with a 2x brightness of the always on screen... wonder if that means we can turn it down and get a bit more juice out of it, with the same brightness as the 5? If that makes sense.

Soldato
Tying new sensors in with the HR stuff is exactly why I am looking at the 6, my sleeping HR has dropped as low as 41bpm according to my watch and the missus has said I stop breathing for long periods when I'm asleep so its almost a no brainer for me..
You should speak to your GP about sleep apnea if you stop breathing during your sleep, it can be quite dangerous.
I have a test next month but 99% sure I have it as I do the same as you but also wake up choking in the middle of the night.

Soldato
You should speak to your GP about sleep apnea if you stop breathing during your sleep, it can be quite dangerous.
I have a test next month but 99% sure I have it as I do the same as you but also wake up choking in the middle of the night.

Yeah I should, but the last time I went NHS the physio about snapped me in half and I ended up with a bulging disc so thats kinda ruined them for me, I've got private tho so should probably do that..

Soldato
Yeah I should, but the last time I went NHS the physio about snapped me in half and I ended up with a bulging disc so thats kinda ruined them for me, I've got private tho so should probably do that..
Pretty sure the test is done at home so you should be safe :)

Back
Top Bottom