• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Caporegime
Add up the power draw on your CPU at full load, hard drives, fans and anything else. If it gets close to 520watt then bad times!

I have blown up a GPU (many) years ago when I was using an underpowered PSU. Didnt make that mistake of skimping on PSU cost again!!
565W system demand under load. A 520W PSU from Corsair will have plenty of headroom.

I'm going to give it a whirl I think.

I have a BeQuiet 300W SFX PSU running a 1660 Super and Ryzen APU without issue, which they said wouldn't work!

Man of Honour
You wouldn’t have shipping on top if you link your forum account - free shipping.

It depends on where you live. Since OCUK and everyone else switched to the awful DPD NE Scotland is no longer counted as UK mainland so we no longer get free shipping unless the item is small, light and cheap for which we qualify for RM 2nd class. Anything big, heavy or expensive and we have to pay anything up to £15 for a second rate non next day service. Subbytna is in Belfast so the same probably applies to him.

Associate
It depends on where you live. Since OCUK and everyone else switched to the awful DPD NE Scotland is no longer counted as UK mainland so we no longer get free shipping unless the item is small, light and cheap for which we qualify for RM 2nd class. Anything big, heavy or expensive and we have to pay anything up to £15 for a second rate non next day service. Subbytna is in Belfast so the same probably applies to him.

When did that happen? It has been a little while since I've ordered from OCUK but liked the free shipping.

Caporegime
Ffs guys just upgrade your PSU they are buttons lol. Why risk it against the official recommendation

Indeed...willing to drop 600+ on a gpu but not willing to shell out a hundred on a quality psu. Same as people buying nice cars and skimping on the tyres.

Well they're not buttons are they, and re. the amusing tyres comparison, I don't know many people that spend 17% of the value of their car on tyres :S

Associate
People think PSUs blow up if they try and take much power, only the bad ones do that. All the branded ones would just cut off if it couldn't give enough power. So try it, if your PC is turning off while gaming it might be you need a bigger PSU, otherwise its fine.

Man of Honour
The Corsair HX520 was launched back in 2006 so is ancient now. It has a 480w 12v rail, not 520w and isn't even 80+ bronze rated. Why risk a stupidly expensive graphics card with a old underpowered psu? If you can afford one of these new cards you can afford a decent replacement psu.

Associate
When did that happen? It has been a little while since I've ordered from OCUK but liked the free shipping.

Should be ok in Aberdeen. Remember seeing a delivery map which excluded basically anywhere North of the Firth but included Aberdeen :D My parents are in Banff, so often have this issue.

Found it...

EaeTGz4WsAA-miu

And the full thread about how "mainland uk" is defined by different people...

Soldato
Well I'm just gonna let the mad stampede happen and watch from affar. I don't want a 3080 until Christmas so plenty time to let it settle down and watch reviews and forums. Not even 100% because it's probably not going to work with my tv freesync HDMI. So see what AMD release but it's sure gonna be interesting.

I read freesync works with these.

I will be able to confirm it works when I get my new card.

Back
Top Bottom