** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES (3090 / 3080 / 3070) NOW ONLINE AT OcUK **

Soldato
Ah I see, technically yes if you play 'the game' and notify retailer on day 13 - then take another 12-13 days to return it on a next day service to the retailer...

Immoral but I guess people will try it.
Would you consider this Immoral even if the card is not opened and powered on ? Aka you get the card now as you know it will be hard to get, then the RDNA2 comes up with better performance/price , you return the card sealed back to ocuk ?

Soldato
Would you consider this Immoral even if the card is not opened and powered on ? Aka you get the card now as you know it will be hard to get, then the RDNA2 comes up with better performance/price , you return the card sealed back to ocuk ?

I guess not. If the retailer got a sealed GPU back they could resell as new still, the only loss would be the initial shipping/labour which would be minimal.

If it was used and sent back opened I would say it's more morally frowned upon. :p

Associate

I would say it kinda is. Can you image if a lot of people did that on release. You are stopping people from getting a card they would use. You're essentially holding on to it not even knowing if you are going to be using it. Personally I would rather just wait if that was the case.

Associate
Apparently exercising ones consumer rights is immoral now. Everyone is given a 14-day cooling off period when buying online. It's the law and it's the cost of doing business. Sure some people are serial abusers and take the absolute ****, the bigger retailers shrug it off but it's a pain in the arse for the smaller retailers I understand that. I used to sell stuff online and it's a ballache but again, that's the cost of doing business. You price that into your business plan and deal with it.

In my case, I'm not going to rush to open the 3080. My 2080Ti is doing just fine. If I can't get a 3090 then I'll unbox the 3080 and use it until sometime next year. If I get the 3090 then the unopened 3080 will go on eBay or it will get sent back to OCUK to be shipped back out. I don't see anything immoral with that unless your head is up your rear end.

meh

meh

Associate
Looks like the prices are starting to come in now on the 3080 cards, some have swapped from what they were previously stated at.

Soldato
Looks like the prices are starting to come in now on the 3080 cards, some have swapped from what they were previously stated at.
Oh dear, the MSI card went from 680 to 700 :eek:
I would say it kinda is. Can you image if a lot of people did that on release. You are stopping people from getting a card they would use. You're essentially holding on to it not even knowing if you are going to be using it. Personally I would rather just wait if that was the case.
The problem is, if I want to get the card after the release of RDNA2 they might all be sold out for months to come.

Soldato
The more and more I see the more I suspect this is a paper launch, if caseking haven't got any in stock its a safe bet ocuk don't either. I suspect that's why there's no preorders either.

@Gibbo are you able to confirm if you guys have stock?

Associate
Yeah and its not just Graphics cards where the prices have gone up this last two weeks or so and it seems to creep up nice and slow by maybe £10 one week then another £10 the week after.
I very much doubt the pound value has dropped that much in a week, I imagine its the same old routine of suppliers seeing the preorders and adding a little and then add a pinch of price gouging, basically anyone who says they already had stock and then the price goes up was either lying about having stock or price gouging themselves. Just going to get a FE edition and wait if I have to not going to pay an extra 50-80 quid just to line some greedy ******* pockets I'm already going to be doing that buying fron Nvidia.

Associate
I very much doubt the pound value has dropped that much in a week, I imagine its the same old routine of suppliers seeing the preorders and adding a little and then add a pinch of price gouging, basically anyone who says they already had stock and then the price goes up was either lying about having stock or price gouging themselves. Just going to get a FE edition and wait if I have to not going to pay an extra 50-80 quid just to line some greedy ******* pockets I'm already going to be doing that buying fron Nvidia.

They just tryna milk that stock is low and everyone and their nun wants it tbh lol

Back
Top Bottom