Declining attitude to law and order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
"An appeal was launched using the UK police major incident public reporting site to quickly secure mobile phone images" Never heard of this site and I doubt few other members of the general public have, either. Hardly like asking for photos on the BBC news is it? Load of PC flannel, they kept the lid on it whilst trying to have everything published pre vetted in fear of causing offence to the professionally offended. That's my take. Someone was probably on one knee as they issued this guff... ;)

Permabanned

The very article you link to says this, a statement from West Midlands Police issued many hours after the event:

"Ch Supt Graham said officers - some armed - remained across the city centre to reassure people.
He added they had received a number of descriptions of the suspect but would not be releasing any details for the time being."

Before a pathetic excuse for (allegedly) random murderous knife attacks
was made by the West Midlands Labour run PCC:

"The West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) David Jamieson said police would be working with the council to see if there were "any further measures that need to be taken in the city centre", following the stabbings.
A rise in violence was "almost inevitable" due to the pandemic, when people were suffering "pent-up feelings" and some were unsure of their futures, the Labour PCC said."

Commissario
"The female adult, who was later identified as a member of the press, did not identify herself as press and later admitted she did not have proper press credentials on her person. Both individuals have been arrested for 148 P.C."

Now you lazy liberals can rest easy.
But next time do your home work...Or you will need a bid,,,because IT WILL get messy :)
Except that there IS footage of her stating who she was, and with her press credentials showing.

If you want to look for it it's easy enough for find, for example her own twitter feed carries some of the footage where you hear her telling the police who she was with...
I can't find the video from the other cameras that caught it at the moment, but that's a start.

[edit]
You can see the lanyard that her press credentials were on at about 24 seconds in on this video...
There was another video that showed them more clearly (might even be in her own videos from when her camera was on the ground).
[/edit]

Now do I believe a police force who do the usual PR thing where they mislead the public when they know they've done something wrong, or the audio and video footage of the event that shows them lying through their teeth?

Last edited:
Soldato
The very article you link to says this, a statement from West Midlands Police issued many hours after the event:

"Ch Supt Graham said officers - some armed - remained across the city centre to reassure people.
He added they had received a number of descriptions of the suspect but would not be releasing any details for the time being."

Which was explained in my previous link.

Associate
My job has definitely been made a lot harder due to recent events.

I was called an incident where a male had assaulted a female in a car park recently. My colleague and I found both of them sat in a car and it turned out to a domestic. An independent witness confirmed that they had seen the male punch the female in the face and we arrested the male suspect who was black, although he put up a struggle on arrest. Long story short a pretty hostile crowd formed, people whipped their phones out and tried to wade in, all whilst accusing us of being racist.

Frustrating to say the least.

Soldato
No its not wrong again because the states can't override the 1st ammendment. Show me in law where they can if you think I'm wrong..

OMG...words fail me.

If a police officer tells you to backup. You do it asap.
She did not...and she resisted arrest. So right there that's 2 laws she broke.

Glad you won't be going to the US anytime soon :)

Associate
My job has definitely been made a lot harder due to recent events.

I was called an incident where a male had assaulted a female in a car park recently. My colleague and I found both of them sat in a car and it turned out to a domestic. An independent witness confirmed that they had seen the male punch the female in the face and we arrested the male suspect who was black, although he put up a struggle on arrest. Long story short a pretty hostile crowd formed, people whipped their phones out and tried to wade in, all whilst accusing us of being racist.

Frustrating to say the least.

I have a lot of respect for any police officer staying in the force during these times. If anything ever goes wrong against someone of colour you will be to blame. I don't trust your superiors to not throw you under the bus to save their own skins.

Soldato
I have a lot of respect for any police officer staying in the force during these times. If anything ever goes wrong against someone of colour you will be to blame. I don't trust your superiors to not throw you under the bus to save their own skins.
Not only that, but a significant number of people's first thought is not to support an officer doing his job but just want to film it. I just do not understand their mentality but I do find fault with a certain few 'minor celebrities' who seem to need validation on doing this.

Associate
Not only that, but a significant number of people's first thought is not to support an officer doing his job but just want to film it. I just do not understand their mentality but I do find fault with a certain few 'minor celebrities' who seem to need validation on doing this.

This is something I don't understand. I was brought up to be respectful of but also fear the police to a certain extent If an officer told me to jump I would say how high. For the most part they are doing a horrible job for not much pay and do it because they want to do good. I have never been in trouble with the police due to my attitude. I have had friends that always seem to have issues with them. When they tell their stories you would think how terrible the police force are. But once you know them and what their attitudes are like it begins to make sense.

Soldato
Except that there IS footage of her stating who she was, and with her press credentials showing.

If you want to look for it it's easy enough for find, for example her own twitter feed carries some of the footage where you hear her telling the police who she was with...
I can't find the video from the other cameras that caught it at the moment, but that's a start.

[edit]
You can see the lanyard that her press credentials were on at about 24 seconds in on this video...
There was another video that showed them more clearly (might even be in her own videos from when her camera was on the ground).
[/edit]

Now do I believe a police force who do the usual PR thing where they mislead the public when they know they've done something wrong, or the audio and video footage of the event that shows them lying through their teeth?

I think you are wasting your time with @deuse because none of that fits his narrative. Of course if the police ever come for the guns of the people he supports he'll be screaming 2nd amendment! And that State law can't override the 2nd amendment and that any person who doesn't backup when police tell them to and get arrested defending their guns have had their rights abused. He's so transparent I'm amazed people don't just walk into him.

Soldato
OMG...words fail me.

If a police officer tells you to backup. You do it asap.
She did not...and she resisted arrest. So right there that's 2 laws she broke.

Glad you won't be going to the US anytime soon :)

I've actually spent lots of time in the US, I used to work there all the time. At no point was she interfering with the arrest, filming an arrest on a public street is not illegal for the press. There is now video showing she clearly identified herself before the arrest so this is going to be thrown out of court and the police have overstepped and infringed her rights.

Soldato
I've actually spent lots of time in the US, I used to work there all the time. At no point was she interfering with the arrest, filming an arrest on a public street is not illegal for the press. There is now video showing she clearly identified herself before the arrest so this is going to be thrown out of court and the police have overstepped and infringed her rights.

I have already said twice what she did wrong.
3RD time lucky. She did not move when she was told. That's against the law in every state.

If you was with the police there and either came forward or moved back with out them telling you.
You will be put in cuffs. If you keep your mouth shut, they will release you.

After reading your posts in the graphic card section.
I can now see you need to be spoon feed news.

You worked there...woopeee snowbird :)

Soldato
I think you are wasting your time with @deuse because none of that fits his narrative. Of course if the police ever come for the guns of the people he supports he'll be screaming 2nd amendment! And that State law can't override the 2nd amendment and that any person who doesn't backup when police tell them to and get arrested defending their guns have had their rights abused. He's so transparent I'm amazed people don't just walk into him.

No.
It's both of you getting the law wrong...
But what a surprise in that!

Associate

Thank you. I was having this conversation with my family the other day as I feel exactly the same, and sadly so do a large number of my colleagues. I've applied for jobs outside of the force now as I think unless there's a massive shift in support and opinion; that the job will untenable in the coming years.

On another note, most of my set of shifts are spent dealing with mental health calls and propping up organisations that can't cope with demand, and I'm just tired of it all now.

Soldato
I have already said twice what she did wrong.
3RD time lucky. She did not move when she was told. That's against the law in every state.

If you was with the police there and either came forward or moved back with out them telling you.
You will be put in cuffs. If you keep your mouth shut, they will release you.

After reading your posts in the graphic card section.
I can now see you need to be spoon feed news.

You worked there...woopeee snowbird :)

We will see when/if this ends up in court won't we.

OMG I quoted from a YouTube video on GPU binning that turned out to be correct, the shame.

You really do have a cheek, you spent 2 years being constantly wrong in the Trump GD and SC thread. Not my fault you can't post in SC where you'd probably still be spouting crazy conspiracy theories. I'm done with you in here now, you aren't worth risking the wrath of the mods.

Soldato
We will see when/if this ends up in court won't we.

OMG I quoted from a YouTube video on GPU binning that turned out to be correct, the shame.

You really do have a cheek, you spent 2 years being constantly wrong in the Trump GD and SC thread. Not my fault you can't post in SC where you'd probably still be spouting crazy conspiracy theories. I'm done with you in here now, you aren't worth risking the wrath of the mods.

It wasn't even that post...you are sooooooo spoooon fed it's silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom