Man sends banana to black mans table in Wetherspoons pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I was burgled a few years ago, they arrested and charged 6 people. Burglaries are not dismissed, at all.

I've posted on here about how in my experience it was the complete opposite. I had cctv footage of the individual clearly showing their face, the police officer that attended my house personally knew who they were as they are a known career criminal.

Insufficient evidence to charge them.

Capodecina
Soldato
. . . the judiciary for even making this a crime in the first place. . .
The judiciary interpret and apply the law, they don't make it :mad:

It is quite incredible how readily certain sections of society tolerate and even condone bad manners, particularly when targeted at people they don't like.

I believe that this forum actively edits certain words that are deemed offensive and even has moderators who try to impose some sort of order - I take it that you would view this as an outrageous attack on freedom of speech :confused:

Soldato
I've posted on here about how in my experience it was the complete opposite. I had cctv footage of the individual clearly showing their face, the police officer that attended my house personally knew who they were as they are a known career criminal.

Insufficient evidence to charge them.

CCTV showing the face of the individual whilst doing what?

Soldato
Maybe the person who put the plate on the table also thought it was funny?

Maybe they thought it was a deeply offensive and racist gesture, but carried on anyway, regardless of the offence it was likely to cause?

Or maybe the person who brought it out was just doing their job of bringing out an order. How were they to know the malice behind it?

The only person the fault lies with is the person who made the order.

Soldato
OP
Maybe the person who put the plate on the table also thought it was funny?

Maybe they thought it was a deeply offensive and racist gesture, but carried on anyway, regardless of the offence it was likely to cause?

I doubt someone who works for spoons on crap wages is going to question any item thats been ordered.

Caporegime
Or maybe the person who brought it out was just doing their job of bringing out an order. How were they to know the malice behind it?

The only person the fault lies with is the person who made the order.

Dunno like, if someone asked me to deliver a banana to a black guy I'd be somewhat hesitant to do so!

Soldato
Weak free speech arguments to excuse being racist. Just not acceptable these days, people need to grow up/move with the times.

Another broad dismissive statement from the side that cannot debate an argument. It's crazy how you can see a perfect modern example of the dangers of free speech in the Chinese government yet you're completely dismissive of the argument

Caporegime
Another broad dismissive statement from the side that cannot debate an argument. It's crazy how you can see a perfect modern example of the dangers of free speech in the Chinese government yet you're completely dismissive of the argument

We want free speech! But err...only when it suits our agenda.

Soldato
Dunno like, if someone asked me to deliver a banana to a black guy I'd be somewhat hesitant to do so!

Firstly, they wouldn't have known who ordered it. Black people do eat bananas so it's not out of the realm of possibility. Secondly, why would you be hesitant to give a black man a banana that he, obviously they wouldn't have known he didn't, appeared to order?

You said it yourself, it's just a fruit. Why wouldn't you be willing to give a black man a banana?

Associate
If they stopped giving a ****, people would stop doing these things as they wouldnt get a kick out of it.

Just wow. I'm gobsmacked but also thoroughly unsurprised to see a comment like this come from you.

"Look, wife! If you don't want to get hit, stop pointing out my **** abusive attitude."

Caporegime
Firstly, they wouldn't have known who ordered it. Black people do eat bananas so it's not out of the realm of possibility. Secondly, why would you be hesitant to give a black man a banana that he, obviously they wouldn't have known he didn't, appeared to order?

You said it yourself, it's just a fruit. Why wouldn't you be willing to give a black man a banana?

How would they not have known who ordered it? Doesn't the app require you to put in some identifying details?
And I mean...how often does someone go to a pub and order a banana? It's just...weird.

I didn't say I wouldn't be willing, I said I'd be hesitant because, as this case shows, some people are easily offended and go running to the police.

Soldato
How would they not have known who ordered it? Doesn't the app require you to put in some identifying details?
And I mean...how often does someone go to a pub and order a banana? It's just...weird.

No the only details the app asks for is table number. No names or anything required. Also, what identifying information do you think the app takes? race, weight and height?
Of course ordering fruit from a pub is strange but 'spoons seem to sell all sorts of edible things so not that strange they sell fruit.

Either way, expecting that the person who served the food should've hesitated is a bit silly.

I do find it weird how it comes out on a plate though.

Soldato
I didn't say I wouldn't be willing, I said I'd be hesitant because, as this case shows, some people are easily offended and go running to the police.

Yes. Because clearly someone is going to order a banana for themselves and then go to the police when said banana turns up.

C'mon man. You often put well thought arguments across and though I often disagree with you on some things I never end up thinking you're just taking the proverbial.

Soldato
Yes. Because clearly someone is going to order a banana for themselves and then go to the police when said banana turns up.

C'mon man. You often put well thought arguments across and though I often disagree with you on some things I never end up thinking you're just taking the proverbial.

1) Order banana
2) ???
3) Profit!!!

Caporegime
Presumably making monkey noises/throwing bananas at sports events is also ok and the athletes just need to man up.

You people are the reason BLM exists. :)
Assuming that you would say BLM exists because of racism, you are therefore including me as a racist, yes?

Just so we're on the same page.

"You people" obviously is an attempt to lump as all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom