• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
Out of curiosity i went over to the nvidia webshop and it was down! Access denied! Was everyone expecting a release today as well lol. Literally crashed the site bang on 2pm. Gonna be the same tomorrow... sigh...

Soldato
Out of curiosity i went over to the nvidia webshop and it was down! Access denied! Was everyone expecting a release today as well lol. Literally crashed the site bang on 2pm. Gonna be the same tomorrow... sigh...

Yep. Im praying for availability. Im running an R9 280x stop gap..

If availability is shocking for weeks on end im waiting on Navi

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Havent read the reviews yet. Can anyone please tell me based on the temps, is it worth paying extra for an AIB or is the cooling solid?

Well we don't have any AIB temps to go by so we cant really answer that yet.

I've only seen HWU video and theirs ran around 77 degrees after an hours gaming, said you could just about hear the fans but nothing loud or annoying.

Caporegime
Havent read the reviews yet. Can anyone please tell me based on the temps, is it worth paying extra for an AIB or is the cooling solid?

cooling is solid on the FE. Will any AIB be better/quieter? Nobody knows yet.

But that have a hard benchmark to beat. So far i cant see the AIB offering anything that is going to get you any extra perfromance unless you start looking at the high end custom boards and even they might only give you 5% for loads more money,

Associate
oh looking good. 3070 for 1440p RTX games for me I think. But I will still wait past the usual stock issues etc and for a card that will fit in my case.

Soldato
Looking at around maximum 30% then over a 2080Ti perhaps less when both are overclocked?

Think i'll wait for 3080Ti then :(

Yeah I was actually surprised by the extremely low headroom of the card more than anything, I have my 2080Ti FE clocked and it holds anywhere between 2000-1950Mhz on the core so definitely makes a dent in terms of the performance gap between the two. I was certainly expecting more from it in all honesty.

That being said my 2080ti FE was refunded in error so I could drop it and change because of that upgrade, shiny new shiny, impulse :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
So Hardware Unboxed reports that at 4K based on all the average of games they tested the 3080 FE is 77% faster than the 1080Ti and 71% faster than the 2080. Yeah, that will do me just fine as my fastest ever card was an Titan XP which I bought and sold for around £450. So well worth the wait in the end as for £200 extra I am getting a HUGE boost :D

Caporegime
Thought the big Navi was meant to have double the cores of the 5700xt and also more performance per core?

On that basis I would expect the Big Navi to beat the 3080.

it will never scale linearly so big Navi will be lore of a 3070 competitor i imagine

Back
Top Bottom