• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Don't be silly. Some will have you believe you should scrounge ebay for a 2080 Ti on the off chance one of the worse condition cards come up for below £450.

Yeah. Cracks me up. Shiny new 3080 FE for me please (if I can get one before they run out).

Hahaahahahahaha.

Hold up, thought you was going for the 3090? :p;)

Totally the same - with a 4k monitor I am really looking forward to grabbing one now :D
Wait, please don't 10GB is not enough! Wait for the 20GB version or you will be sorry. Better you get the 3090, trust me Grim5 knows what he is talking about and he says 10GB is rubbish! :p:D

Soldato
03iTHI2.jpg

I'll save you the job.
Yeah i managed to get as far as that but any further into the product page the website just went down. I pray tomorrow isn't the same but its given me a glimpse into whats to be expected...

Yep. Im praying for availability. Im running an R9 280x stop gap..

If availability is shocking for weeks on end im waiting on Navi

Better than me im running a 1060 borrowed from a work colleage lol. I need a card so i can return this...My fall back is a Zotac 3080 but again ive not got my hopes up...

Soldato
I wonder if Digital Foundry regret publishing only the best case scenario result for the 3080 vs. 2080?

I’ll try to get a 3080 FE as it hits my requirement for 4K performance however if I can’t get one before the AMD launch I’ll see what the competition can do.

Soldato
Isn't the xbox series x faster as it's promising 4k 120

wont be in anything meaningful. 4k 60hz will still be the target for AAA titles.

It only has a 3300 core rdna 2 which is similar to what the 2080S has. Even with some ipc gains from rdna2 will still have a long way to go to catch up with the likes of a 3070/3080.

Excellent value at £500 though can’t deny that.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
1.png

As you can see, it's rubbish. Just buy a second hand 2080Ti people!

I hear you can overclock them and have even better performance than a 3080, plus the 1GB extra RAM means it will last a lot longer! It will allow you to play Watchdog Legion which NEEDS 11GB and will not even boot if you have less!

:p

Soldato
Yeah. Cracks me up. Shiny new 3080 FE for me please (if I can get one before they run out).

Hahaahahahahaha.

Hold up, thought you was going for the 3090? :p;)

Wait, please don't 10GB is not enough! Wait for the 20GB version or you will be sorry. Better you get the 3090, trust me Grim5 knows what he is talking about and he says 10GB is rubbish! :p:D

I am.
But they may have a 3090 spare :)

Soldato
Assuming you can get one, the 3080 FE would be a much better bet thermally compared to AIB's. Seems like the majority of AIB coolers are taken straight from the 2K series cards with slight changes.

Caporegime
I wonder if Digital Foundry regret publishing only the best case scenario result for the 3080 vs. 2080?

I’ll try to get a 3080 FE as it hits my requirement for 4K performance however if I can’t get one before the AMD launch I’ll see what the competition can do.
I think DF had good intentions and thought the card was going to be a screamer. In the end they gave us a first look at games performance when nothing else was available and that's fair enough imo.

Soldato
1.png

As you can see, it's rubbish. Just buy a second hand 2080Ti people!

:p

I was hoping for more a long the lines of 50% but will see what the 3090 can do then perhaps hope for a 3080Ti.

And those results are likely with both cards at stock :/ so likely even less once the Ti has some extra power added on as the 3080 doesn’t OC that well from what I’ve been reading.

Do feel sorry for those who practically gave their 2080Ti’s away :p glad I kept mine still plenty of life in it yet it seems.

Associate
Out of curiosity i went over to the nvidia webshop and it was down! Access denied! Was everyone expecting a release today as well lol. Literally crashed the site bang on 2pm. Gonna be the same tomorrow... sigh...
You can thank @TNA for that :p

The sites getting in some practice for tomorrow afternoon :D

Back
Top Bottom