Summer Transfer Window 2020/21 - Rumours & Signings *please quote sources*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I just see Bale as another Sanchez myself.

not quite the same. Sanchez was doing a lot for Arsenal then left and has done nothing for Man U whereas Bale is doing nothing for RM as they won't play him so it's an even worse gamble. Sanchez is from Chile whereas Bale is only chilly because he's left out in the cold by Zidane. Also I'm not sure Sanchez is into golf.

Soldato
not quite the same. Sanchez was doing a lot for Arsenal then left and has done nothing for Man U whereas Bale is doing nothing for RM as they won't play him so it's an even worse gamble. Sanchez is from Chile whereas Bale is only chilly because he's left out in the cold by Zidane. Also I'm not sure Sanchez is into golf.

If that is meant to be an attempt at a joke it deserves a ban to be honest.

As for Bale its a calculated risk, as a Spurs fan I'm not sure as he is 31 and doesn't come from injuries well.

If it does happen it, then it will either be an epic failure or a roaring success.My feeling is the former

Associate
It's cool to bash him, a goal almost every other game for Madrid for his whole time there. 80 league goals in 7 years as a winger. How many wingers in the EPL have got 80 goals in 7 years?

Bales crime is he's not Ronaldo. Real Madrid fans are awful for supporting their own. Whoever comes next will still be in the shadow of Ronaldo. Bale a winger outscored Raul over their last 7 seasons despite Raul playing over 30 games in almost every season. Madrid fans were spoilt with Ronaldo and now think a goal every other game isn't good enough.

Bale didn't help himself not learning the language though.

Soldato
I don't get the bale hate either, he helped them allot in some of there champions League wins for one and did well in the games he got selected for.

His problem is the wages he has and most other clubs just can't match that.

Madrid fans are bizzare, there was times they even turned on Ronaldo

I think bale would still do well in league tbh and would improve Spurs if he ends up back there

Caporegime
Fans are fickle but it's very rare for Madrid supporters to turn on a player and never support them again.

If Bale had just kept his mouth shut when they turned on him due to his form he would've eventually won them over again but he couldn't help reacting and his behaviour has pathetic ever since.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Sounds like Bale to Madrid is pretty much a done deal by all accounts. If he can stay fit he will be a great player for Spurs.

RM fans are just an odd bunch and massively entitled. They start getting twitchy if they lose a game or two or aren't first in the league. Bale has won the CL titles and has pretty much done whatever he has been asked to do by RM. By all accounts, he does speak Spanish as well. He just been a bit separate from the rest of the guys at Madrid by all accounts and the management has messed him around a lot over the years. Hes always been in Ronaldos shadow and the whole team for years was built around Ronaldo.

Soldato
If that is meant to be an attempt at a joke it deserves a ban to be honest.

As for Bale its a calculated risk, as a Spurs fan I'm not sure as he is 31 and doesn't come from injuries well.

If it does happen it, then it will either be an epic failure or a roaring success.My feeling is the former

If i wanted it to be a joke I'd have put it in a spurs shirt. ;)

My feeling is epic failure too but I'm not a spurs supporter so I'm happy to see you try in the same way that you don't really want to watch your colleagues do karaoke but somehow can't help but watch it unfold before you. If I were Kane et al I wouldn't be best pleased tbh given wage implications etc.

Soldato
If i wanted it to be a joke I'd have put it in a spurs shirt. ;)

My feeling is epic failure too but I'm not a spurs supporter so I'm happy to see you try in the same way that you don't really want to watch your colleagues do karaoke but somehow can't help but watch it unfold before you. If I were Kane et al I wouldn't be best pleased tbh given wage implications etc.

If I were Kane I'd of been out of Spurs after Poch got sacked to be honest. But hey ho, sure Bale will provide us Spurs fans with some glimpses of genius at some point this season.

Don
Thiago to Liverpool all but done - £20m with £5m in add-ons. I assumed this was all agent talk when the reports first came out months ago - Liverpool don't sign 29 year olds but I guess Thiago is so good that we're making an exception. In the last week it's been rumoured that Gini is more likely to be staying too so I guess we're not signing a 4th CB. If that is the case then it's a small gamble but one I'm fully on board with - Fabinho's more than capable of slotting in at CB a handful of times and will do just as good a job as a 2020 Ragnar Klavan would.

Man of Honour
Thiago to Liverpool all but done - £20m with £5m in add-ons. I assumed this was all agent talk when the reports first came out months ago - Liverpool don't sign 29 year olds but I guess Thiago is so good that we're making an exception. In the last week it's been rumoured that Gini is more likely to be staying too so I guess we're not signing a 4th CB. If that is the case then it's a small gamble but one I'm fully on board with - Fabinho's more than capable of slotting in at CB a handful of times and will do just as good a job as a 2020 Ragnar Klavan would.

Its a good price for Thiago, I was feeling like it was never going to happen. Hopefully he can do the business in the EPL. I could still envisage another signing yet before the window closes, some 21/22 year old

Don
It's fine unless VVD picks up a lengthy injury. He's obviously irreplaceable but Matip, Gomez and whoever aren't leaders which is my only concern.
But unless you're signing another VVD as your 4th CB then you have that same problem regardless. Who knows, we might still sign another CB but I'm not expecting anything more than somebody like Klavan as 4th choice and I really don't see somebody like him being any better at CB than Fabinho. In the few games that he's played CB, including against Bayern when VVD was suspended, Fabinho has looked totally at home there. Whether it was 5, 10 or 25 games, I'd be just as comfortable with Fabinho + Matip/Gomez & Thiago + Hendo in midfield as I would Klavan + Matip/Gomez & Fabinho + Hendo in midfield. And that's before you get to the upside of having Thiago as another, different option in midfield for the other x amount of games.

Associate
Great signing again by Liverpool, so well run these days. League at a canter again if it hasn't gone to a few of their heads and the players are kept grounded by Klopp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom