Honda CRZ

Associate
Still looking for a new car, Have seen a nice Honda CRZ GT with all the options, Electra wheels, rear spoiler, Side carbon sills etc, Has done 67k miles and is priced at £5999.

Seems a lot of money for a 10 year old car 60plate. Has anyone owned one? My assumption is that i should be able to keep it for a few years and with it being pretty rare, i believe around 500 of the GT cars where made. I should not lose too much money on it when i come to sell?

I do like Honda's and really like the look of them. Just not sure they are worth this sort of money?

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
OP
Sounds a lot, GT was just a trim level rather than a model - does it have Nav? How many lefts suggest 1,400 in the UK.

Not sure how much covid has effected the whole second hand market

Old Posts:
<a href="https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/posts/32562573/}">Naturally Aspirated Cars</a>

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...d-2020-revival.18602081/page-27#post-33379937

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...g-hybrid-now-joined-by-a-crz.17982674/page-22

Looks to have every option by the look of it, including the nav, GT added heated seats and a few other bits.

The one i am looking at has the more expensive wheels bumper trims side skirts and spoiler, plus panoramic roof

They can be had for around 4-5k with miles north of 85k+ but only the sport model.

Do i go for a higher mile 100k car sport trim model for 4k or pay the premium :s

Not sure if i am allowed to show a link, but this is the car i like the look of

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-de...t=price-asc&model=CR-Z&postcode=s810uh&page=1

Last edited:
Associate
30k+ under average miles, nearly every option.
I'd say that would probably mark it up £500-1000 over the average price, so if it has been well maintained then I would probably be okay with paying the bit extra.
I'd dare say you could probably get a bit off of the price anyway if you tried.
If you want the car and you are happy to pay the extra, then do it.

Associate
I also like the look of the CIVIC estate.

Would be handy to have a car with more room. But what puts me off is the fact its diesel, i only do an 8 mile journey to work and then 8 miles back so the DPF worries me, but not sure if that is a issue on a fairly new diesel engine?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202007141213552?advertising-location=at_cars&radius=50&body-type=Estate&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&make=HONDA&sort=price-asc&model=CIVIC&postcode=s810uh&page=1
You can also get them in 1.8 petrol

Soldato
I got a 2011 almost top trim 1.8 petrol Civic with 44k miles for about £5500 over 2 years ago. If I got a newer Civic it'd have to be the current 2017 onward one, because the 2012-2017 model is grim. The CRZ is a bit of a novelty being basically a coupe (back seats only fit little children), completely different car really. I toyed with the idea at one point but the rear visibility is questionable and as someone said above, despite being a coupe and hybrid it's performance and efficiency aren't anything to write home about so it just sort of stands out as this weird experiment that didn't last very long.

Probably more fun to drive though, as even if the 1.8 Civic is less of a bus than the 1.4 petrol, I wouldn't call it exciting. Maybe a Type R GT? Nothing with lowish mileage about but there's a few on AT under 90k miles for 5-6k.

Last edited:
Associate
Still looking for a new car, Have seen a nice Honda CRZ GT with all the options, Electra wheels, rear spoiler, Side carbon sills etc, Has done 67k miles and is priced at £5999.

Seems a lot of money for a 10 year old car 60plate. Has anyone owned one? My assumption is that i should be able to keep it for a few years and with it being pretty rare, i believe around 500 of the GT cars where made. I should not lose too much money on it when i come to sell?

I do like Honda's and really like the look of them. Just not sure they are worth this sort of money?

what mileage do you do? do you want performance or what are your expectations... the CRZ is cool but its not very fast, it should hold most of its value and it will be very reliable.

A Civic Type R is a different animal and will be more expensive to both maintain and insure. It depends on how much cash you are willing to spend

I personally think the CRZ is a great car as long as you are not expecting it to be blistering fast.

Associate
OP
what mileage do you do? do you want performance or what are your expectations... the CRZ is cool but its not very fast, it should hold most of its value and it will be very reliable.

A Civic Type R is a different animal and will be more expensive to both maintain and insure. It depends on how much cash you are willing to spend

I personally think the CRZ is a great car as long as you are not expecting it to be blistering fast.

I have a Supercharged Honda S2000, so i am not looking for anything else fast. Main thing is, reliability, running costs and something a little cool/rare that's not so expensive that i worry about parking it places, would also like it to be comfortable. I have a £200 Renault scenic as my daily currently but that will fail MOT next week so its being scrapped.

Mileage i do a 8 mile their 8 mile back trip to work 5 days a week, plus small random journeys. No more then 6k miles a year usually

Associate
I have a Supercharged Honda S2000, so i am not looking for anything else fast. Main thing is, reliability, running costs and something a little cool/rare that's not so expensive that i worry about parking it places, would also like it to be comfortable. I have a £200 Renault scenic as my daily currently but that will fail MOT next week so its being scrapped.

Mileage i do a 8 mile their 8 mile back trip to work 5 days a week, plus small random journeys. No more then 6k miles a year usually

based on that a CRZ all the way

Soldato
CRZ is a great car but like everyone else has said, not fast enough to be a hot hatch, no eco enough to satsify hyper milers. That's what makes it interesting though, it's flown under the radar for so long, now they are becoming reasonably priced for people to take a punt.

The rear seats are a joke but better than no rear seats!

It is a good looking car with a solid spec & reliability.

I sell plenty of them!

Associate
OP
I wanted to go look at the car last saturday but apparently it was having the alloys re-furbed. Was going to view the car this coming saturday if they had got it back with a view to buy it if it matched expectations. Unfortunately the seller has since increased the price from £5990 which i already felt was top end of price the car was worth to £6490 an extra £500! I was hoping to pay around £5850 so looks like the hunt is back on for another. Bit of a dick move by the garage imo :/

*edit just looked again, after sending an email last night the price has gone back down to what it was at

Associate
OP
I went to view the white 60 plate which i posted above today. Something did not feel right about it, not sure what. But my gut feeling told me not to buy it, pretty sure it had had paintwork in the past, had a few more marks then i was expecting, rear near side brake disc was only being utilized 50% of the disc the rest of it was heavily curroded and had a lip so probably slider pins seized.

Anyway, i went to view another CR-Z which was 2 years newer but had around 40k more miles at 107k but was listed at £2k cheaper. It drove really nice, better then the lower mile one. Seemed in better general condition and just felt right. Did the deal their and then so i am now the proud owner of a 2012 black CR-Z. Couldnt be happier!

Associate
OP
great stuff, you are bang on about this gut feeling and why you need to bide your time with cars.

any pics...?

As soon as i turned up to the garage they moved it and started to wash it down, and then never dried it. that always springs alarm bells as cars always look better when wet.

Have not got any pictures yet, going to give it a good wash polish and wax next weekend and get some pictures of it :)

It also had the Carbon fibre side trims which was nice!

Back
Top Bottom