• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
No, I didn't miss that but....

But you apparently ignored it if you expected games picked by Nvidia to be representative of the average performance of the card.

I have no problem with people putting out benchmarks picked by the manufacturer when they come out and state that's what they are presenting...particularly when there is nothing else out there at the time.

If you watched the video and thought that was anything other than the absolute best possible scenario for the card's performance, it's not DF's fault.

They where open and honest with their presentation.

Soldato
Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything...

Does anyone know whats going on with the EVGA 3080 FTW3 edition? I have a 1080Ti FTW3 and would much rather get the FTW over the IC3, but I cannot find it listed _ANYWHERE_.... Are we expecting these to be released later on?

Associate
But you apparently ignored it if you expected games picked by Nvidia to be representative of the average performance of the card.

I have no problem with people putting out benchmarks picked by the manufacturer when they come out and state that's what they are presenting...particularly when there is nothing else out there at the time.

If you watched the video and thought that was anything other than the absolute best possible scenario for the card's performance, it's not DF's fault.

Yep its no different than when car manufacturers promote 70+mpg. No one really expects to get 70 other than in very particular circumstances if at all.

Associate

Does anyone know whats going on with the EVGA 3080 FTW3 edition? I have a 1080Ti FTW3 and would much rather get the FTW over the IC3, but I cannot find it listed _ANYWHERE_.... Are we expecting these to be released later on?
Most likely, EVGA just had one card out. The expensive one will come... a kingpin or two.

Soldato
I really really don't know if I should go for the 3080 or wait for the 3090. I have the money for either, I know I've had a few discussions about it in this thread but I just don't know :( Whichever way I go it's going to be huge. I just want to be able to get as close to my monitor refresh rate frames (165) at 1440p while streaming. From the reviews does it look like 750w PSU will be ok for either?

Associate

That would be true if Rich was downplaying expecations, but he wasn't. He was throwing gasoline on the fire.

I trusted him and he betrayed me. I'll never love again.

Associate
I really really don't know if I should go for the 3080 or wait for the 3090. I have the money for either, I know I've had a few discussions about it in this thread but I just don't know :( Whichever way I go it's going to be huge. I just want to be able to get as close to my monitor refresh rate frames (165) at 1440p while streaming. From the reviews does it look like 750w PSU will be ok for either?
Get what you know you want (and can afford) or you will just regret it later and loose money once you sell it on eBay. Same could be said about a 3080 ti incoming but it will be too much money for me to bare

Associate
Isn't 'marketting' just a white collar word for lying?
Shouldn't all the TBC placeholders in the 3080 adverts state the clock speeds now the NDA has dropped?

Soldato

Very likely. I’ve seen pictures of the ftw and the icx side by side and the ftw is the one to wait for.

Soldato

3080 is bottlenecked at 1440p a 3090 is a bad move. 3080 is all you need. 750 watt is good as long as it's good quality. You might want to upgrade your CPU as well if it's the 7700K.

Back
Top Bottom