• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
This talk of power spikes straining the psu, surely the models with 3 8 pin connectors will perform better? Takes the power supply to the card from 375W to 525W, is there any benefit to the power being cleaner when divided through more connections too? These cards start at £800 to £830 from gigabyte and MSI, maybe they can charge that because these are the only cards which can actually overclock? Don't like this idea of ordering before knowing what the higher end cards can even do. You could buy one thinking more power is good but then find the bios doesn't let you use it

Associate
Well it's funny you say that because I predict good times ahead....

EwoLbc7.jpg

Got that from my solicitor yesterday. That's what my ex landlady now owes me for the third and final lawsuit.

Feels sooo goood! I had to sue a previous landlady for 3.6k, ended up getting well over 5k with interest, time, costs, etc.

If they don't pay up, it's super easy to escalate a small claims judgement to the high court, and then you can get the properly nasty bailiffs involved. I went onto reviews and found bailifs that had the worst reviews imaginable - the ones that just break into your business and take stuff - and hired them. Just in case you didn't know (but you probably do already).

Caporegime
Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything...

Does anyone know whats going on with the EVGA 3080 FTW3 edition? I have a 1080Ti FTW3 and would much rather get the FTW over the IC3, but I cannot find it listed _ANYWHERE_.... Are we expecting these to be released later on?

EVGA have said they are delayed by a week as they arent ready. Still might not mean we get any in thwe UK for weeks as EVGA have gone off the UK and seem to want to forget we exist which is a shame,

Soldato
Get what you know you want (and can afford) or you will just regret it later and loose money once you sell it on eBay. Same could be said about a 3080 ti incoming but it will be too much money for me to bare
Yea' that's what I'm thinking mate.
3080 is bottlenecked at 1440p a 3090 is a bad move. 3080 is all you need. 750 watt is good as long as it's good quality. You might want to upgrade your CPU as well if it's the 7700K.
Thank you for the reply, Super Flower Leadex II 750W 80 Plus Gold. I will be building a new PC at some point, I want to see what Zen 3 offers and what not but I will try and get the GPU now :)

Associate
I really really don't know if I should go for the 3080 or wait for the 3090. I have the money for either, I know I've had a few discussions about it in this thread but I just don't know :( Whichever way I go it's going to be huge. I just want to be able to get as close to my monitor refresh rate frames (165) at 1440p while streaming. From the reviews does it look like 750w PSU will be ok for either?
+15% for double the price, a good quality PSU should be ok but no extreme OCs

Soldato
That would be true if Rich was downplaying expecations, but he wasn't. He was throwing gasoline on the fire.

I trusted him and he betrayed me. I'll never love again.

Then how did I watch the same video and KNOW that the rest of the benchmarks would be LOWER than the one's Nvidia freaking picked?

Oh wait. Nvidia picked the games.

Nvidia.
Picked.
The.
Games.

Once he straight up comes out and tells you that, it's all you.

Soldato
4K is too expensive (monitors now) to get a good one. 1440p at 120hz with DSR is where it’s at. Word. 3080 should be great for DSR.

It’s all the gimmick that comes with it. I had a 4k 60hz panel back in 2014/15. Think it cost around £400 5 years ago. No Gsync no gimmick features. Was an excellent display just adjusted it to hit 4k 60hz 24/7 with 980 SLI as there was no such thing as gsync at the time.

The high refresh 4k panels are tempting but super expensive for what they are. Few years maybe with GPU’s that can drive them properly.

Soldato
If anything, the 2950x will bottleneck the GPU, not the other way round. I.e the CPU will be doing the bottlenecking and the GPU will be bottlenecked. How much so? Couldn't say...
AMD could benefit soon. If their new CPU's blow away Intel in all areas (notably gaming uses), gamers will want them to drive their new NV 30 series GPU's :).

Soldato
It’s all the gimmick that comes with it. I had a 4k 60hz panel back in 2014/15. Think it cost around £400 5 years ago. No Gsync no gimmick features. Was an excellent display just adjusted it to hit 4k 60hz 24/7 with 980 SLI as there was no such thing as gsync at the time :p.

Not you have gsync ultimate where the module itself costs £1000.

The 120/144hz 4k panels are really tempting but doubt even a 3080/3090 can drive that consistently. And then you have the price £1-2k or more :o.

Actually checked my own panel - Acer CB280HK, bought June 20th 2015 for £235

Soldato
EVGA have said they are delayed by a week as they arent ready. Still might not mean we get any in thwe UK for weeks as EVGA have gone off the UK and seem to want to forget we exist which is a shame,

Damn that sucks! Any recommendations on what other top tier premium brand card you would go with? ROG Strix? Or something else? I've lost my way with what are the 'best' in terms of coolers/features/warranty and I used to go with EVGA every time, but I'm sure my greediness will still mean I want to pick one up tomorrow regardless :D

Back
Top Bottom