• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
https://techgage.com/article/nvidia...g_CnHGX8WQhNG1hMfO5cvGvw6BDPbcA7W4UC8cdyJM4x8

The performance gain on render engines like Octane are jaw-dropping.

Someone like me coming from a 1080ti is looking at ~3x the rendering performance, crazy!

snip
Found that review on discord straight after i made that post. Just my luck.

Yeah those gains are amazing. As a cycles user optix/cuda does provide a decent boost over openCL (orginal reason why i got my 970 at the time), which does make it hard to justify an AMD card.

Permabanned
I'm intending on overclocking this puppy, is my EVGA 650W 80+ PSU goings to make puppy sick?

471289cde2490c80f60d5e85bcdfb6da.gif

Soldato
Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything...

Does anyone know whats going on with the EVGA 3080 FTW3 edition? I have a 1080Ti FTW3 and would much rather get the FTW over the IC3, but I cannot find it listed _ANYWHERE_.... Are we expecting these to be released later on?

EVGA rep was quoted recently the other day, stating that FTW models will be about a week later. So not far behind.

So has any reviewer taken the 3080FE to bits yet>? I need to know whether you can take the cooler off without breaking it in order to fit a waterblock.

Yes TPU did a tear down in their review released today. Seems fairly straight forward tbh, not as bad as people made out.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-founders-edition/4.html

Soldato
When is CP2077 out? could wait until then to buy a card. I have a feeling it will be a bundle option and I'd be salty to buy a card tomorrow and only have WatchFlop: Legion.

Soldato
EVGA rep was quoted recently the other day, stating that FTW models will be about a week later. So not far behind.

A whole extra week to wait though with no guarantee that we'll see any, and I'll be able to pick one up :(

I wonder how the new reference cooler compares to aftermarket? I'm really in a dilemma as to what card to pick up. I kind of want to pick one up tomorrow regardless so that rules out EVGA, but unsure whether to get base Nvidia assuming the cooler is really that good, or go aftermarket and if I go aftermarket I'm unsure which to go for (I'd rather go top tier for a better binned card).

What are others doing? xD

Soldato
A whole extra week to wait though with no guarantee that we'll see any, and I'll be able to pick one up :(

I wonder how the new reference cooler compares to aftermarket? I'm really in a dilemma as to what card to pick up. I kind of want to pick one up tomorrow regardless so that rules out EVGA, but unsure whether to get base Nvidia assuming the cooler is really that good, or go aftermarket and if I go aftermarket I'm unsure which to go for (I'd rather go top tier for a better binned card).

What are others doing? xD

I was debating EVGA amongst others - I thought today EVGA have that 90 day step up program... So thought if Nvidia in next 3 months release a stupid Ti/Super/Extra VRAM model, if AMD surprise them, then you could step up for minimal cost.

But then thought about Founders still... Or Zotac... God knows lol

Soldato
I'm sold. The only question is whether to get the 3080 or the 3090. I'll get much more benefit from the latter, but the cost...

I suppose I better buy a lottery ticket. :)

Soldato
I was debating EVGA amongst others - I thought today EVGA have that 90 day step up program... So thought if Nvidia in next 3 months release a stupid Ti/Super/Extra VRAM model, if AMD surprise them, then you could step up for minimal cost.

But then thought about Founders still... Or Zotac... God knows lol

Ok I'm glad it's not just me that has no idea what to do now either :D:D

Associate
Found that review on discord straight after i made that post. Just my luck.

Yeah those gains are amazing. As a cycles user optix/cuda does provide a decent boost over openCL (orginal reason why i got my 970 at the time), which does make it hard to justify an AMD card.

So far its ticking every single one of my boxes, I just wish we had a ram bump along with everything else. I am on a 1080ti at the moment and it would be a massive upgrade on everything except the ram, which for loading up scenes is important.

Permabanned
Tbf thats at 4k. At lower res its 3-4%.

It was Kapp actually (sorry)

It covers 1080p/1440p/4k and again no real difference.

Conclusion

"If we take a look at the average performance results, you'll realize that we're not even close to saturating the PCI-Express 3.0 bandwidth. The difference between 3.0 and 4.0 is 1%, which is not far from the margin of error in these tests—definitely something you'll not be able to notice in normal gameplay. It's also interesting that the gap remains constant no matter whether you play at 1080p or 4K"

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 PCI-Express Scaling | TechPowerUp

Back
Top Bottom