** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES (3090 / 3080 / 3070) NOW ONLINE AT OcUK **

Associate
They just tryna milk that stock is low and everyone and their nun wants it tbh lol
Pretty much, it;s going to be the I9 release all over again, "look we have stock you can order for XXX, ahh nope sorry most of our stock is de-lidded which costs XXX more, oh by the way the I9 is now 70 quid more because we don't have any stock of those anymore either... ohh and Brexit...... If the preorders are actually going over the stock they have they should stop people preordering or at least acknowledge the order but not actually take the money until the product is available.

Soldato
Have you seen the same benchmarks as the rest of us? It's between 20-70% faster depending on game.
I watched HW unboxed and gamers nexus and in particular the gamers nexus benchmarks showing the overclocked results the 2 cards were very close.

I'm guessing you were watching the DF benchmarks :p

Associate
I watched HW unboxed and gamers nexus and in particular the gamers nexus benchmarks showing the overclocked results the 2 cards were very close.

I'm guessing you were watching the DF benchmarks :p

I guess it really does come down to trying to push for higher resolutions now with new(ish) monitors, especially that it looks like CPU is severely limiting these now on these new cards at standard lower resolutions like 1080p. Seems to contradict their push for 360Hz monitors now at that resolution

Permabanned
The problem (imo) is everybody is comparing to the 2080Ti and people upgrading from a 2080Ti are going to be the minority of consumers who thought shelling out £1,500 for a GPU was palatable. I would imagine the vast majority of potential buyers have been holding on to their Pascal, Maxwell or earlier cards and the performance jump there is much bigger at 1080p/1440p.

Associate
Well flip. That's a nightmare, especially when you've no idea what models are gonna fly and which are most likely to have more stock. Like, I'm not scrimping on £20 if that means losing out, but no idea how much stock of various models there'll be.

Associate
Well flip. That's a nightmare, especially when you've no idea what models are gonna fly and which are most likely to have more stock. Like, I'm not scrimping on £20 if that means losing out, but no idea how much stock of various models there'll be.
I've just picked a card that I want, the Giga Extreme and will be going for that one only.

Associate
Yeah torn on what card to get. Was thinking either the EVGA, iChill or Zotac Trinity. Would be confident enough in the EVGA and iChill but not sure about the Trinity.

Not bothered with the Inno3d Dual Fan, TUF, Ventus or Eagle, but would be curious about the Trinity, or KFA2 models.

Back
Top Bottom