• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
Here you go chaps.

Bit of a compare i did, what % increase in speed does 3080 have over 2080Ti at 4K.

All these reviews used 2080Ti FE. These are none RTX figures. 32-33% faster on average.

2oArN4.md.png

Associate
JayzTwoCents disproved that issue.

and my 2c worth to add to that is I really don’t see the issue with the FE, I’ve owned cards before that were well over 300W and they just vented inside the case. 300W is 300W and the heat needs to be, at the end of they day, sucked out of the case. Sure blowing hot air directly onto one part isn’t good but I don’t think that’s happening.

Associate
Here you go chaps.

Bit of a compare i did, what % increase in speed does 3080 have over 2080Ti at 4K.

All these reviews used 2080Ti FE. These are none RTX figures. 32-33% faster on average.

2oArN4.md.png
That's nice. There's a separate reviews thread. You'd like to probably move it there and request the OP to post it as an opening msg. This thread is going bonkers :)

Associate
I was going to get a 3080 for myself, but I'm not gonna play Nvidia's game this time - personally think early adopters are getting gouged. I'd rather wait till AMD's release before making a firm decision.
I am going to get my son a fe 3070 though - ideal for him as he only plays at 1080p, unless of course, AMD offers a better price per performance.

Soldato
Here you go chaps.

Which just isn't enough given the 3080 uses some 28% more power. This is a bit of a failure really, anyone can get more performance by burning more power. Efficiency hasn't improved enough to justify this even being a new series, it's just *more* (with a better cooler).

Soldato
Which just isn't enough given the 3080 uses some 28% more power. This is a bit of a failure really, anyone can get more performance by burning more power. Efficiency hasn't improved enough to justify this even being a new series, it's just *more* (with a better cooler).

+1 Well said A bit of a funny launch for nvidia. Nice heaters just in time for Christmas:D

Soldato
That's not correct: the silicon has to be able to take it.
I don't mean on this specific GPU, but in general. SLI was just a case of more power more performance. Improvement, real improvement has to come with efficiency improvements. The 3000 just doesn't deliver enough in my opinion.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I don't mean on this specific GPU, but in general. SLI was just a case of more power more performance. Improvement, real improvement has to come with efficiency improvements. The 3000 just doesn't deliver enough in my opinion.
Yes yes, quite right. People should not bother buying tomorrow, go buy a 2080ti from eBay instead, never know when all that extra vram will come in handy as well :p

Soldato
I was going to get a 3080 for myself, but I'm not gonna play Nvidia's game this time - personally think early adopters are getting gouged. I'd rather wait till AMD's release before making a firm decision.
That's probably the sensible thing to do

Remember the last time people caught into Nvidia's RTX hype and dropped £1200+ on the 2080ti?....yea, that did not aged well

May be wishful thinking, but it would be amazing if we get a second coming of the 290/290x vs GTX780. Wouldn't mind the Big Navi being may be 5% slower than the 3080 if it is cheaper AND with like 12GB vram instead of 10GB.

Would be more inclined to get the 3080 and not wait for AMD had it actually got 12GB vram instead of 10GB.

Back
Top Bottom