BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Don’t worry I was joking with my comment about praying. The X3M is a smart looking car. Handling is about how the car feels and communicates grip to you. Doesn’t matter the segment.

What's with all the aggression? Seems like a nice enough car and crucially the actual base car is fairly decent, not sure the same can be said for the RR Sport.

Your kidding right? :eek:

Anyway with X3 is more of an F Pace SVR and with the F Pace facelift launched today there will probably some pretty decent around for those.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's universally panned for its poor handling and ride quality with the common question being why have they made it worse than the X3?

It not universally panned at all as there are a not insignificant number of review that say it actually handles well, there are as I've said some who don't like the ride comfort but the owners forum has both sides of the story so I'll decide when I drive it for a while.

The base spec is very high and with the options I've got even higher which I'm very pleased with.

Could have bought something good is a dumb statement even by the levels often shown on the internet...even if it doesn't handle like a lotus and go like a McLaren its not exactly a bad car

Soldato
Don’t worry I was joking with my comment about praying. The X3M is a smart looking car. Handling is about how the car feels and communicates grip to you. Doesn’t matter the segment.

Indeed that is how I took your comment and if the Jag dealers had stopped being muppets I might have bought an Ipace ;)

Soldato
I assumed it was due to physics, suv can't handle as well as lower cars due to the raised cog. Porsche will probably do a good job of reducing the issue, but I can't imagine a macan handling as well as a 911, much like an X3 can't handle as well as a 3 series.

On a side note I just looked up the x3m, and it uses the same engine as the 340's, I wonder if the new m3/4 will share it as well.

Soldato
This one is made in China, crammed into an existing platform and has the one of the smallest batteries for the segment.

I’m still amazed at the dismissal of a Range Rover Sport earlier in this thread aswell. I think you’ve lost your touch Foxy.

Soldato
Finally managed to get someone to take a video of me in my M3 on track, can never really tell how it sounds on the inside except for LOUD :D

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFJ1JBBnfTR/

A lot of bugs were harmed in this picture.

IMG-3244.jpg

Soldato
I see this as a benefit though, I can't be the only one that just wants an electric version of a conventional model rather than some sort of space age bespoke jelly mould.

I can’t see the logic - it’s multi powertrain so essentially compromised. Little battery and only RWD is the result. EQC is the similar but atleast they got all 4 wheels turning!

Soldato
Cos it’s expensive and only 2WD?
It's ridiculously expensive, more than its main competitor
It's comically slow in both acceleration and top speed (although the latter doesn't matter much) its about as fast as a leaf.
It's covered in garish blue trim for some odd reason.
It lacks a fast charging network to make long distance travel easy.

Back
Top Bottom