• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So, decided on a 3080? Which manufacturer and why?

Soldato
be interested to see the thermals and noise levels on the founders card, was reading that the founders cards are none reference designs and the partner cards are reference designs

Caporegime
Are you lot seeing the prices increase ???
not happy was eyeing up the asus tuf 3080 was £649 all week now today its gone up another 50 quid! on OC
all im concearned about is getting a basic card gonna be sticking a block on it, swinging more to the FE might have to be my option as prices are going nuts

Yeah if you are going to stick a block on it then the FE is probably the better buy anyway. It has a higher power bios than all the reference basic cards and probably has better components as well.

Last few generation FE cards were all great overclockers.

Plus its smaller once it has a block on.

I would have gone with a reference AIB card if they had been £100 cheaper than the FE (which they were meant to be) on the basis that would almost pay for the waterblock.

Associate
whether i get a fe is another game, im gonna go for it though i can only guess these reference cards are gonna go up even more by tomorrow
i can live with that akward 12 pin location and a better binned chip makes sense
anyone know the time for the release on nvidia's site?

Caporegime
whether i get a fe is another game, im gonna go for it though i can only guess these reference cards are gonna go up even more by tomorrow
i can live with that akward 12 pin location and a better binned chip makes sense
anyone know the time for the release on nvidia's site?

If you end up putting a waterblock on then the 12 pin power end up being at the end of the card anyway. It only looks like its in an awkward location because that is where Nvidia's board ends. The rest of the card is just cooling fins and a big fan.

2pm same as AIB cards I beleive.

Last edited:
Associate
If you end up putting a waterblock on then the 12 pin power end up being at the end of the card anyway. It only looks like its in an awkward location because that is where Nvidia's board ends. The rest of the card is just cooling fins.,

2pm same as AIB cards I beleive.

Ohhh Sweeet never knew that even better! nice one

Permabanned
https://www.zotac.com/us/page/product-warranty-policy#:~:text=Products must be purchased as,do not carry any warranty.

• Products must be purchased as new from an authorized ZOTAC reseller. Warranty only applies to the original purchaser of the product and cannot be transferred. Products purchased as secondhand or used, or from auction sites, do not carry any warranty.
Ah. That's US. Trying to find UK explicit info on it.

@Rofflay - I wasn't trying to call you out, I was looking for confirmation.

No worries but even if it can not transfer over, Just make an agreement with the seller. I would simply ask that anyone who has a problem pay all postage. So you would send the card to me and i do the RMA but i would deeply frown upon someone who abused it and possibly as my discrection refuse them if they were idiots.

Genuine early failure, Id say the OG buyer should do the warranty for you. This is why the ebay should be avoided. This way the buyer can keep the warranty it is the only way.

Associate
The only two 3080s that will fit in my case other then the founders are the EVGA XC3 and the Asus TUF. All of the AIBs have gone ludicrously fat this time around it seems!

Does anybody have an experience with the ASUS TUF line of cards? I've heard that they were not the best in previous generations so I'm leaning towards EVGA but I'm not confident that EVGA will actually have stock in the UK for launch

Soldato
Errr.
According to my emails I have just ordered an MSI 3080 Gaming X Trio for delivery Friday :D
Dunno how this will play out, so that's all I am saying, but wish me well :o

Associate
Errr.
According to my emails I have just ordered an MSI 3080 Gaming X Trio for delivery Friday :D
Dunno how this will play out, so that's all I am saying, but wish me well :o
Is the price on the site a placeholder? £799 seems a tad high to me.

Edit
Just had a look and some others are more expensive, oof.

Associate
Prices are going up and down at the moment, mostly up so by tomorrow we may see different prices yet again.
Still trying to decide on which one to go.
Still waiting on the card size for Aorus models.

Soldato
The Aorus are 4 slot coolers, so should be good, but they look long. So if your concerned about that it may be an issue

Associate
Is it true that the EVGA XC3 isnt the reference board and is a custom one? where is this confirmed?

I was totally going for EVGA as a no brainer because of their warranty Rep and allowing the coolers off

now it looks like:

• UK service center is gone - Next year with brexit I dont want to be sending anything overseas as its going to have all sorts of freight and tax issues
  • Non reference board - so no idea when a EK block will be out for it.
So which cards will have a UK service/warranty and use the reference board?

Soldato
MSI repair centre is now in Poland. Customer pays for RMA postage which is currently £63 £17 for a GPU with Pacel Force. MSI then pay the return cost.

Gigabyte repair centre is in the UK and the customer pays for RMA postage which is £15. Gigabyte then pay the return cost.

Last edited:
Associate
MSI repair centre is now in Poland. Customer pays for RMA postage which is currently £63 for a GPU with Pacel Force. MSI then pay the return cost.

Gigabyte repair centre is in the UK and the customer pays for RMA postage which is £15. MSI then pay the return cost.

I'll definitely avoid MSI GPUs in the further.

Thanks for the heads up on MSI, had always gotten their GPU's as they have not given me any trouble and look nice but that is a bit of a joke.

PS
Regarding your GB line you said MSI at the end for return cost, not making fun just letting you know.

Back
Top Bottom