• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I watched about ten minutes and the comments on the side must have been for something different to what I was watching.

I've seen they're selling at the same price. However, I did read that MS is having to take a loss of around $100 per Series X sold, with the price they've set. Whilst MS has all the other bits to sell on, Sony must be surely hoping to make a LOT from accessories and hope people start taking up Now subs.

Soldato
$70 games plus Sackboy, miles Morales and the new horizon zero dawn are going to be on PS4 too now. They're not abandoning those 100m customers despite believing in generations.

Yeah, that sold it for me. Will pick up a used PS4, Miles Morales, and Forbidden West at some point. No chance am I buying a digital PS5 if games are $69.99 (£59.99?). If I buy a next gen console, it'll be an Xbox and I'll just rely on Game Pass for games.

Soldato
Do you think XBOX One X still has much future left in it? My monitor is 1440p/144Hz and I was thinking of getting the Series S to replace it but looking at the specs, it only seems to have half the GPU terraflops of One X

Associate
Same here, now that Miles and Horizon are on ps4. I'm going for a Series X for the living room and a Series S for the boys room. Really hope the All Access sites don't fall over on Tuesday next week.

Associate
Do you think XBOX One X still has much future left in it? My monitor is 1440p/144Hz and I was thinking of getting the Series S to replace it but looking at the specs, it only seems to have half the GPU terraflops of One X

It's a RDNA2 GPU so much better than the TF number. Huge upgrade over the CPU as well. The Series X is only 8quid more via All Access anyway.

Soldato
Just to clarify, there's no digital mechanism whatsoever to play Xbox One discs I currently own on Series S, correct? Keep my One S, sure, but just a bit of a pain to switch between consoles if I wanna play RDR2, for example...

Caporegime
Exactly some game loading times even on external SSD nowadays are horrendous (Wasteland 3 im looking at you, GTA5 also albeit just the original load in). It'd be worth it just for that alone imo.

Back
Top Bottom